• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Normally the May board would be essentially the first board picking FY 23 selects, however the last board put nearly everyone in FY 23 and the board prior had many moved to FY 23 after they received FY 22 spots, with the total number people moved + those selected last board for FY 23 nearly equaling the total number of spots for FY 22 this does lead to concerns for May being cancelled.
My recruiter was so sure it would get cancelled that he told me the August board might be our best shot.

Either way, we still have months to go so it won’t hurt the get everything done before then.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Quick question: does anybody know what the current requirements for depth perception are? I was told last week that my depth perception was the only thing that didn’t meet requirements.

On top of that, I was told that the arc and plate tests were the two accepted tests. I just got re-tested at my eye doctor’s office but idk which one they used. Is the arc test the one with the fly wings and the circles that pop out at you?

Mouselovr

Contributor
Quick question: does anybody know what the current requirements for depth perception are? I was told last week that my depth perception was the only thing that didn’t meet requirements.

On top of that, I was told that the arc and plate tests were the two accepted tests. I just got re-tested at my eye doctor’s office but idk which one they used. Is the arc test the one with the fly wings and the circles that pop out at you?
There's a PDF online for NAMI vision requirements. At OCS, we did the circles that pop out and only had to get up to a specific one. They stopped us as opposed to MEPS which had us try to get all of them.

Mouselovr

Contributor
@Mouselovr aren't you at OCS?!

If so how was Indoc Phase!?
Base is on holiday standdown. OCS is a ride y'all.
Made a post about it today.
Can't give too many spoilers about indoc. You have to experience it for yourselves haha. Gave a decent amount of info on the flight physical/other random gen info I thought was lacking from my recruiter/ around the forum.

Last edited:

Tumbleweed33

Base is on holiday standdown. OCS is a ride y'all.
Made a post about it today.
Can't give too many spoilers about indoc. You have to experience it for yourselves haha. Gave a decent amount of info on the flight physical/other random gen info I thought was lacking from my recruiter/ around the forum.
Thanks for the post!

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
There's a PDF online for NAMI vision requirements. At OCS, we did the circles that pop out and only had to get up to a specific one. They stopped us as opposed to MEPS which had us try to get all of them.
Just found it, thanks for that. I got all but the last one so I failed this time :/

I have another appointment in a few months so I guess I’ll just try again then

exNavyOffRec

That is because MEPS is not service specific so they need to do the complete test.

smpl_dude

So with all the cancellation talk, I've got a question. The problem as I understand it, is that they have x number of spots available at OCS for SNA, all of which have been taken by previous boards due to either getting pushed back from original dates, selecting too many people, etc. So FY22 and now FY23 basically have no spots left. We're going into 2022 now, and it seems odd to hold a board in 2022 for an OCS date that's anywhere between one to two years out. So at what point does someone go, "hey, lets cancel the may, august, and maybe even november boards this year so that we can catch up and start having a more reasonable turn around time between board dates and OCS dates."
If FY23 slots are truly all taken, and say, the next board is held in August, that's still at least a year between a pro-recY and getting sent to OCS for a FY24 spot.
Am I understanding this right? Would they cancel more than just the may board to try and catch up?

bcal

So with all the cancellation talk, I've got a question. The problem as I understand it, is that they have x number of spots available at OCS for SNA, all of which have been taken by previous boards due to either getting pushed back from original dates, selecting too many people, etc. So FY22 and now FY23 basically have no spots left. We're going into 2022 now, and it seems odd to hold a board in 2022 for an OCS date that's anywhere between one to two years out. So at what point does someone go, "hey, lets cancel the may, august, and maybe even november boards this year so that we can catch up and start having a more reasonable turn around time between board dates and OCS dates."
If FY23 slots are truly all taken, and say, the next board is held in August, that's still at least a year between a pro-recY and getting sent to OCS for a FY24 spot.
Am I understanding this right? Would they cancel more than just the may board to try and catch up?
I believe they still have FY23 spots to fill