• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Don't know if anyone knows, but reading this here, how often does one not get that second Yes vote from NRC or the Director of OCS Accessions?

That's essentially a Final Select. Back in the day, no physical/N3M letter wasn't needed in order to apply. So what was happening was people were getting the PROREC Y only to be medically DQ'd right after.

aribjc

Not sure how anyone would know the answer to this question and my OR doesn't know either, but if I've already been to and cleared NAMI will I have to get the flight physical done again? I went through it in November when I was looking at marine aviation and they send their candidates before OCS.

MadHatter

pilot
Not sure how anyone would know the answer to this question and my OR doesn't know either, but if I've already been to and cleared NAMI will I have to get the flight physical done again? I went through it in November when I was looking at marine aviation and they send their candidates before OCS.

That just makes too much sense. Honestly I don't have the answer to your question, but in curious as to what NAMI looks at differently than MEPS for the flight physical if you don't mind sharing?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

My assumption is yes, you will need a new NAMI physical.

aribjc

That just makes too much sense. Honestly I don't have the answer to your question, but in curious as to what NAMI looks at differently than MEPS for the flight physical if you don't mind sharing?
Way more eye tests, like a ton of them that I don't even know the purpose of. They did the anthro measurements from what I remember. I went to Meps so long ago that it's hard to remember what else was different but I know those were definitely new. They took our blood but took way more samples than at Meps too
My assumption is yes, you will need a new NAMI physical.
gotch. I figured but wasn't sure, I guess I'll mention I have an up to date physical and see what they say, thanks!

Sparty1991

These NAMI physicals make me nervous. I'm 6'5" and I've seen the measurements posted in threads before but never really how they do the measurements. Just don't want to get dq

Don't_stall

I would think yes because when I was putting my package together I had to go through the whole flight physical anthro measurements and everything.(Active duty it’s required) The flight physically will also be done as your annual physical on your navy anniversary.

Fifrein

Still Learning
These NAMI physicals make me nervous. I'm 6'5" and I've seen the measurements posted in threads before but never really how they do the measurements. Just don't want to get dq

Well, would you rather be DQ’d from flight and take a different career path, or lose both legs when they don’t clear the dashboard upon ejecting? I’m sure the standards are in place for a reason.

Sparty1991

Well, would you rather be DQ’d from flight and take a different career path, or lose both legs when they don’t clear the dashboard upon ejecting? I’m sure the standards are in place for a reason.
Obviously they're in place for a reason. Still doesn't mean I want to lose out on this path solely based on my height, but I know that's a risk hence why I said I'm nervous.

Mckegger

pilot
Literally to see if you can swim and not freak out in the water. You would be surprised how many people couldnt swim at RTC.
I know dude, that's what my buddy was telling me from the last OCS class. There were a handful of guys that were surprised they had to do a 50... That's like joining the Army Rangers and being surprised you have to shoot a gun.

ccb18

Here are a couple links about anthros, but they may be outdated...

Measurement procedures
Measurement requirements

It's not so much how tall you are, rather how long is your torso, upper leg, and reach. There are plenty of stories of people who are 6'5" that qualify and people who are 6'2" who don't