• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JUN 2013

WEGL12

VT-28
Are most of you guys in this class guys still waiting to finish up your degrees?

From what I can tell everyone is still waiting to finish up this semester. I know there are four people from Auburn in this class (including myself) that graduate in May.

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
24 / M / SNA / Non-Prior checking in (also waiting to graduate in May). I'm looking forward to taking a week or so to get up to RI, taking the scenic route!

kwiksak

Burn and turn
Finally heard from my recruiter today with my OCS date. I have been in BDCP for over 2 years and have been waiting to find out my start date. It’s a long ways away but I'm still excited to finally get started. It will make my final semester of college seem like years.
23/Male/Non-prior (BDCP)/SNA/Auburn University
Hey man, I found out in December and signed in January. I am also heading to Newport in June. How have your workouts and studying been going?

WEGL12

VT-28
Hey man, I found out in December and signed in January. I am also heading to Newport in June. How have your workouts and studying been going?

Workouts have been pretty good so far. I am focusing on large amounts of push-ups and sit-ups on a daily basis. I found a guide for increasing push-ups written by a former SEAL and it has made a huge difference in my maximum number. Going to spend the next few months focusing on increasing my distance running. What are you doing to prepare?

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
I'll chime in if you don't mind. I'm in the same boat as WEGL. Focusing mainly on push-ups. I have trouble breaking 55ish when performing a "mock-PRT". Situps are high, and run-time is fine (though always requiring maintaining). You aren't referring to "The Armstrong Pullup Program" or "Recon Ron" are you, WEGL? I'd love a link if you have it. Personally, The "Hundred Pushups" regime has got me from not being able to break 30 to over 60 the past few months.

As far as studying the "big three"... I was going to reserve that for closer to my departure. Maybe start memorizing stuff the last few weeks beforehand?

WEGL12

VT-28
I'll chime in if you don't mind. I'm in the same boat as WEGL. Focusing mainly on push-ups. I have trouble breaking 55ish when performing a "mock-PRT". Situps are high, and run-time is fine (though always requiring maintaining). You aren't referring to "The Armstrong Pullup Program" or "Recon Ron" are you, WEGL? I'd love a link if you have it. Personally, The "Hundred Pushups" regime has got me from not being able to break 30 to over 60 the past few months.

As far as studying the "big three"... I was going to reserve that for closer to my departure. Maybe start memorizing stuff the last few weeks beforehand?

Here is the link: http://www.stewsmith.com/linkpages/pushuppush.htm
This plan got me from mid 50s to upper 70s, low 80s. I keep a similar workout now to increase my upper body strength and perfecting my form as much as possible. I mix up running with some distance running along with days that I do sprints.

As far as gouge, I am going to spend the 6 weeks after graduation to memorize this information package: http://www.ocs.navy.mil/pdfs/COPY(FINAL)OCS_GOUGE_Single page_VERSION_September10_2012V2.pdf

kwiksak

Burn and turn
Workouts have been pretty good so far. I am focusing on large amounts of push-ups and sit-ups on a daily basis. I found a guide for increasing push-ups written by a former SEAL and it has made a huge difference in my maximum number. Going to spend the next few months focusing on increasing my distance running. What are you doing to prepare?

I've been doing some SEALFit and CrossFit workouts. Mostly quick, high intensity workouts, tons of running running and a butt load of push-ups and sit ups. I have also been trying to do a PRT once a week to gauge myself on my progress. It's been going well. I'll take a look at the workout's that you have been doing and let you know how it goes.

http://www.sealfit.com/hp/

Kaiser

OCS 23 JUN 2013
Greetings, all!

I'll be joining you in the June 23rd class. SNA Final Select, 24 years old, male, non-prior. Swore in about a month ago. I'll be finishing up school in a week or two and then it's two months of working out and studying. I'm sure it'll fly by.

I'm from northeastern PA but have spent the last six years in Pittsburgh--I'll probably make the trip up to RI a scenic one, as well.

I've looked on Facebook to see if there was a group dedicated to our class yet. Couldn't find one. Did anyone else look?

- Kaiser

WEGL12

VT-28
Greetings, all!

I'll be joining you in the June 23rd class. SNA Final Select, 24 years old, male, non-prior. Swore in about a month ago. I'll be finishing up school in a week or two and then it's two months of working out and studying. I'm sure it'll fly by.

I'm from northeastern PA but have spent the last six years in Pittsburgh--I'll probably make the trip up to RI a scenic one, as well.

I've looked on Facebook to see if there was a group dedicated to our class yet. Couldn't find one. Did anyone else look?

- Kaiser
In some ways I am hoping the next two and half months go by quickly just so OCS can begin and get it out the way. I know it's going to suck at times but I am ready to just get started and get through it.

I am trying to figure out what I want to see on the trip up there. Right now I am planning on stopping in Washington/Annapolis and New York City for a night. Never really had an interest in NYC but figured I should at least see it while I have the chance.

kwiksak

Burn and turn
Hey you guys,

Did any of you hear about the OCS date getting pushed back to July 14. I just received an email from my recruiter telling me mine has changed. Just wanted to see if it was just me have others been shafted too.

Thanks

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Hey you guys,

Did any of you hear about the OCS date getting pushed back to July 14. I just received an email from my recruiter telling me mine has changed. Just wanted to see if it was just me have others been shafted too.

Thanks

I haven't heard that yet. That's exactly three weeks after 23June, when the next class should start. Do you, by chance, graduate in June and not May?

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
Hey you guys,

Thanks

The only other SNA March applicant from UF I knew of got his date pushed back to July 14. After speaking with my OR, he said it's not uncommon for them to shuffle people around classes to fill them out a little more uniformly.

WEGL12

VT-28
Hey you guys,

Thanks

I haven't heard anything about my class date changing. I know there are three others at Auburn in this class and they haven't heard about a date change. If my class date does change I hope it moves up instead of being pushed back.