• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 February 2014

SOML2005

Novaspike, thats kinda what I figured would happen, those steps will never happen here..... does anyone nkow if its appropriate to email the OCS processor myself?
it is appropriate, it is your career! i am active duty and i put my package together and applied to OCS without speaking to my CCC until it was time for the CO to sign the package. if you have any questions just e-mail ocsquestions@navy.mil they are extremely helpful! and they have a very quick turnaround.

SOML2005

i wish they released a list for each class like they did for the PRO REC Y's.... that would be nice haha
did you get a PRO REC "Y" yet? since some of our sites are down, NRC is sending e-mails to the e-mail you put down on your application. that's how i found out that i got selected for NFO

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
did you get a PRO REC "Y" yet?
All you hafta' do is check IUGuy's Profile Information page... it says Pro Rec Y for SNA & SNFO, believe he got that early Christmas present last week.:)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

IUGUY

it is appropriate, it is your career! i am active duty and i put my package together and applied to OCS without speaking to my CCC until it was time for the CO to sign the package. if you have any questions just e-mail ocsquestions@navy.mil they are extremely helpful! and they have a very quick turnaround.

I just went ahead and emailed them. Im trying to enroll in my next class in my masters program and its not really gonna be alot of fun to put effort into it and not be able to finish it, plus with an upcoming deployment i need to have an idea of what to do with my appartment and stuff before I head out and get called back half way through it........

SOML2005

I just went ahead and emailed them. Im trying to enroll in my next class in my masters program and its not really gonna be alot of fun to put effort into it and not be able to finish it, plus with an upcoming deployment i need to have an idea of what to do with my appartment and stuff before I head out and get called back half way through it........
After I got my pro rec I had to cancel my class and my transfer orders got put on hold, I'm waiting on order mods to OCS it should happen next week, I talked to the OCS detailer today. I sent you a pm

I'm coming from Florida and I am not acclimated to cold weather.

Anyone know if they allow stuff like Under Armour Coldgear under the issued PT gear and other uniforms at OCS?

SOML2005

Anyone know if they allow stuff like Under Armour Coldgear under the issued PT gear and other uniforms at OCS?
from what my friend told me, standard navy uniform rules apply so i guess we can't use that up there. i'm taking some just in case and I'm just gonna leave it in the car.

Congrats btw!

sundown88

Navy Connoisseur
from what my friend told me, standard navy uniform rules apply so i guess we can't use that up there. i'm taking some just in case and I'm just gonna leave it in the car.

Congrats btw!

As someone who's gone through "boot camp" on the enlisted side, pretty much 99% of the stuff you'd think to bring to Officer Candidate School, you won't need. Trust me. Wallet, personal information documentation (like social security, driver's license, etc.) and the clothes on your back are really all you need. Everything else the Navy WILL make you ship back home.

V/r,

Sundown88

SOML2005

As someone who's gone through "boot camp" on the enlisted side, pretty much 99% of the stuff you'd think to bring to Officer Candidate School, you won't need. Trust me. Wallet, personal information documentation (like social security, driver's license, etc.) and the clothes on your back are really all you need. Everything else the Navy WILL make you ship back home.

V/r,

Sundown88
OCS is a little different than bootcamp, our stuff is not going to be sent home, instead it is going to be locked up in a secure place until about week 9 and depending on the class RDCs, DI, and Officer they will decide if the class can get certain liberties such as Cell phone usage, internet and stuff like that. i get all my OCS info from a couple of my friends that i used to fly with and got commissioned early this year and at different times last year.

sundown88

Navy Connoisseur
OCS is a little different than bootcamp, our stuff is not going to be sent home, instead it is going to be locked up in a secure place until about week 9 and depending on the class RDCs, DI, and Officer they will decide if the class can get certain liberties such as Cell phone usage, internet and stuff like that. i get all my OCS info from a couple of my friends that i used to fly with and got commissioned early this year and at different times last year.

You're right SOML2005. I apologize, I was being too literal, what I kind of meant to say was more so pertaining to the Navy will give you in OCS the equipment (clothing, etc.) they need you to have. But you are right about the week 9 information.

V/r,

Sundown88

SOML2005

oh btw, for us Fleet applicants we have to go on the OCS website and go to the fleet applicant section for what to bring to OCS, there is a lot of paperwork(specially for our chest candy) and seabag items we gotta bring otherwise we have to buy the items again this includes the long sleeve blue and golds…i just verified again to make sure. i hope this help man.

SOML2005

You're right SOML2005. I apologize, I was being too literal, what I kind of meant to say was more so pertaining to the Navy will give you in OCS the equipment (clothing, etc.) they need you to have. But you are right about the week 9 information.

V/r,

Sundown88
hey man, nothing to apologize about. i should've been specific from the beginning.