• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

204 canceling ground contracts?

OCCandidate

I heard a rumor that OCC might be canceling ground contracts. Checked with OSO he said he didnt hear anything like that but I keep hearing other offices are slimming down or cutting all together. Again this is second hand. Any intel would be appreciated.

OCCandidate

yeah I read that thread too people are confirming it but my OSO yesterday told me he is sending my packet in monday and he has not gotten any word about slots being canceled. I think I am recieving bad info. Im going to trust my OSO and try not to worry about it.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Contracts are not being cancelled, but there's definitely a lot less of them going around. All spots (OCC anyway) are now super competitive - think ~290 PFT.

Lonestar155

is good to go
All they are doing is pushing back back current slots to next OCC dates. They met their numbers last year and surpassed what was expected.

bbaker

This is what my OSO sent us today, please confirm if thats only for this location or nationwide? is this for ground contracts only, or ground and air?

Oso ManhattanFebruary 26 at 2:48pm
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I know this week has been a hard one for all those who were hoping to be part of the OCC 204 class in May. Believe me when I say I was just as surprised as all of you when I got the news there would be no active duty slots for males.

Since releasing this information to everyone yesterday our phones have been ringing constantly w/ questions about the direction of the program and what would be the best course of action for each of you. In light of this, I would like everyone to start using this group site as a means to post questions concerning OCC. There are many of you asking the same questions, and many of you asking questions that the others may not be thinking of. If you post your questions to the wall GySgt Williams, Lt Forelle, or I will post the answer and everyone can benefit.

S/F
Capt Everhart

OCCandidate

yeah thats what I have been hearing on other threads is that they are cancelling OCC slots for 204 and pushing everyone to OCC 205. Which when I asked my OSO he said that was incorrect. It just got me a little nervous. My PFT is good with a 295 was just wondering if anyone had any intel on how many slots are open for 204 or is eventually my OSO gonna get notice that me and other candidates are getting bumped to 205.

HakTX

I just got word that 204 air contracts were closed and that people are being referred to 205 (me included!)

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
All they are doing is pushing back back current slots to next OCC dates. They met their numbers last year and surpassed what was expected.

This is true. Also a big part of it is the pipeline that is involved with the path to your commission. OCC candidates fall under the category known as direct-commission, its pretty self-explanatory...they are being commissioned upon graduation of OCS. And a major reason the Corps is canning OCC for the majority of you candidates is because there is no down-time for you between OCS and TBS. After OCS, you go directly to TBS and the Corps simply does not have the funding, housing, or manpower to train all these brand-new 2ndLts right away (myself included). So, if you are OCC...you are most definitely getting rolled to 205 unless you are pushing a 290 PFT and have a spotless application.

If there is anyone reading this who qualifies for Platoon Leaders Class (that is, delayed-commission)....Do not wait until you are a senior in college to go to OCS. The Marine Corps is fiending for PLC'ers right now. This is because there is at least a one-year layover between OCS and Commissioning. Take advantage of the opportunities that are before you, don't put it off simply because you are unsure of what you want to do later on down the road. Remember, the basis of OCS from the perspective of the candidate is that of zero obligation. There is no contract forcing you to commit to the Marine Corps.