• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2014 SWO Rolling Boards

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Spoke with my recruiter last week about adding SWO to my list of programs I'm already applying to (Intel, SWO-IW, IW), and he told me that the rolling boards for straight-SWO could possibly be coming to an end for the time being... Anyone have any verifiable knowledge one way or the other about what's going on with those boards?

Also, rumors abound that if SWO is anything but your 1st choice, the board won't even bother looking at your package. Any truth to that as far as anyone knows?

exNavyOffRec

Spoke with my recruiter last week about adding SWO to my list of programs I'm already applying to (Intel, SWO-IW, IW), and he told me that the rolling boards for straight-SWO could possibly be coming to an end for the time being... Anyone have any verifiable knowledge one way or the other about what's going on with those boards?

Also, rumors abound that if SWO is anything but your 1st choice, the board won't even bother looking at your package. Any truth to that as far as anyone knows?

DIVO is the one that put out that info from NRC, since she is talking to the PM's I would say it is accurate.

navy2014

ProX being the opposite of Pro-rec? Thanks for the info.

But what is the point of being able to list more than one if the one that is slightly easier to get into will reject you unless you put it #1?

DIVO

Pro X (sorry ProBoard X) means the PM is not allowing your kit to be seen by the board.

Pro Rec -means the board has made a decision on you -
ProREc Y- whoo hoo
ProREc N - try again

And this is the first I have seen this happen - where your kit doesn't even make it to the board. I assume the SWO community has made this decision as they are not needing as many as they did in the past, so why should they take folks who really do not want to be there? And maybe there is a desire to keep their young SWO's rather than have them lat transfer at first opportunity.

navy2014

Pro X (sorry ProBoard X) means the PM is not allowing your kit to be seen by the board.

Pro Rec -means the board has made a decision on you -
ProREc Y- whoo hoo
ProREc N - try again

And this is the first I have seen this happen - where your kit doesn't even make it to the board. I assume the SWO community has made this decision as they are not needing as many as they did in the past, so why should they take folks who really do not want to be there? And maybe there is a desire to keep their young SWO's rather than have them lat transfer at first opportunity.

Well, unfortunately, that makes sense. Thanks.

Josh3714

Hi, I am new to this thread. I have been browsing around a little bit and figured I would post my stats as well.

25 years old/ male
6 years enlisted
E-6
Aviation Tech
First time up
Pilot
ASTB 52 7/7/7
B.S. W/ 4.0 GPA
Command Fitness Leader
Leading Petty Officer
2 command managed programs
Last 3 Evals, P, MP, EP
No flight experience
2 LORS- both O-5's (worked for both)
3 interviews by pilots

Watched Top Gun like 20 times ; ) haha

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hi, I am new to this thread. I have been browsing around a little bit and figured I would post my stats as well.
Your stats look fine. Suggest one or two more quality LORs. Making E-6 in 6 yrs. is commendable. No worry on not having any flight experience, it doesn't hurt you in any way.
Watched Top Gun like 20 times ; ) haha
Now catch 'The Bridges At Toko-Ri' 10 times and you're well-rounded :) hoho!;)
BzB

Josh3714

Your stats look fine. Suggest one or two more quality LORs. Making E-6 in 6 yrs. is commendable. No worry on not having any flight experience, it doesn't hurt you in any way.

Now catch 'The Bridges At Toko-Ri' 10 times and you're well-rounded :) hoho!;)
BzB

Thank you, I will try and get 1 or 2 more. I just figured that having 2 really good ones by 0-5's I have worked for was better then having like 5 from people who don't know me personally. I will see what else I can do though. I made E-6 at 5 and a half years. That's something they will look at? Thank you for your positive feedback : )

Haha that'll be next on the list!

Phoenix30

Thank you, I will try and get 1 or 2 more. I just figured that having 2 really good ones by 0-5's I have worked for was better then having like 5 from people who don't know me personally. I will see what else I can do though. I made E-6 at 5 and a half years. That's something they will look at? Thank you for your positive feedback : )

Haha that'll be next on the list!

What community are you applying for?

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am just applying for Pilot. That's why I was hoping I'm not lessening my chances by putting just 1390 SNA and not putting NFO.
Actually, putting pilot only says you want pilot or nothing at all. If you didn't get picked up for pilot for whatever reason, would you not want to serve at all as a Naval Officer (NFO, SWO, etc.)? That's what you are saying.;)
BzB

Josh3714

Actually, putting pilot only says you want pilot or nothing at all. If you didn't get picked up for pilot for whatever reason, would you not want to serve at all as a Naval Officer (NFO, SWO, etc.)? That's what you are saying.;)
BzB

Well then yes, thats true. I have wanted to fly since before I even joined. Worst case scenario, I just keep re submitting my packet until I get picked up.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well then yes, thats true. I have wanted to fly since before I even joined. Worst case scenario, I just keep re submitting my packet until I get picked up.
OK, nothing wrong with that, just unusual that's all.
BzB