• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2011 August, September, October, etc. OCS Boards

lowster

I had meps done before going to the selection board. Recruiter always said it was better to show the board that they are not wasting their time when selecting you because you are already medically qualified. I thought this was standard procedure for most OR's. Then again, mine have been amazing out of the Lansing, MI office.

Lucy

As per my OR today, PRT is now voluntary. Basically, if need taped good to do PRT but otherwise not a big deal either way. MEPS still not officially required, and not likely to be prior to August's board. Today is first day apps can be sent to TN.

cmcalvert

Sep-11 SNA Pro Rec
If you want to be a Pilot/NFO, apply for those. Applying for a designator with the intention of re-designating later because it is "easier" has a couple problems:

I agree. I wouldn't want to redesignate if I was picked NFO. I think I'd rather be an NFO than a pilot. Pilot would be a close 2nd though. I just don't see ever getting pilot if pilot is #2 and NFO is #1... putting pilot #2 behind NFO is almost like a wasted bullet in my mind. Then again, I realize that the ASTB scores for pilot and NFO are different, so my reasoning is a little flawed. But given my #1 goal is to be an officer in the Navy and my #2 goal is to fly, I don't think going NFO / SWO / Supply rather than NFO / Pilot / SWO or Supply is such a bad idea. I could be wrong though...

Sonog

pilot
According to my processor, my application is submitted and waiting at NRC for hell to freeze over.

I am almost there as well just more interviews and then SF-86 stuff. Actually does anyone here have experience with trying to fulfill the SF-86 requirement if you currently have clearance. I am really worried because I don't want to screw up my clearance for my current job by running a check while I have current clearance. If anyone has experience any help would be much appreciated. I have my OR looking into it but talking to him over the past few days it doesn't seem like he really knows what this process is.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So according to my recruiter.. (I keep asking him to verify stuff I hear on here) He said nothing has been set in stone yet for an August board just talks.. And there is nothing set either about having meps required. He tells me that is something they would know in advance about and they always pick people with the intent of having alternatives for medical reasons anyway.. So you might be picked and put on alternate status in case those 30 picked for a slot a few get DQ for medical reasons.. He said he doesn't know where the guy from NY blog got his info but it hasn't been passed to him or set as a rule... So everything as of now is "talk" Like I figured.

He told me my package is still sitting up there because it was sent in for the April board that was cancelled.. But it's just collecting dust as of now until further word.

So I'm letting everyone know this because someone said there was a for sure August board.. I guess if ALL the recruiters do not know about it or NRD's then there is not a for sure board.

I'll post if I get anything further.

According to my recruiter as of today,

"All,
Here is the latest update for upcoming Boards. The next board for PILOT/NFO/SWO/INTEL/IW/IP will be on 22 Aug 2011 with a 25 Jul 2011 to complete all submissions. The next Supply board will be on 25 Aug 2011 with a 25 Jul 2011 to complete all submissions. Your due date to me(if you are still working on your paperwork) will be 01 Jul 2011. We expect to be allowed to start submitting kits again sometime in MID-JUNE. I had previously told you May but that date was changed. Do not worry though. Your kits will be submitted on time, if you get the paperwork to me on time.
The sooner the better for me. There are approximately 35 of you and only 1 of me, with only 13 of you already completed.
We are going to be very busy over the next several weeks to get these applications in. This is currently the only board for this Fiscal Year for the above programs. Please turn your paperwork in as quickly as possible...."

he goes on to talk about retaking the ASTB if you needed to and some other stuff. It's nice to hear this as I have been applying for an officer assencions program for over a year and have never once been boarded. I hope he keeps sending good news...

TheBirdy

pilot
Going off of the above post, "This is currently the only board for this Fiscal Year for the above programs." Assuming this is true, I have a question. After this semester ended, my GPA dropped right below a 2.5 (2.43 to be exact). If I am not mistaken 2.5 is the minimum GPA for SNA. I still have a year to graduate, so I am going for DA. Am I still allowed to apply? I had talked to a Petty Officer and she said as long as I have not graduated yet with a below 2.5 GPA I should be fine. Can anyone shed any light on this? Much appreciated.

rashguard

Aug Board

Talked with the Ohio processor last week. She told me of the August board and I submitted my package.
SNA/NFO
Matt 24 M Wittenberg University 2.85 GPA
6/6/6/54 Form C
4 LOR including Ret O-6
1150 Flight Hours CFII/Comm Multi
College Athletics

Nervous about my GPA. Freshman year killed me, senior year finished strong (3.8) !

Good Luck to all.

Pilot Paul

Pro Rec SNA
I'm gonna ask my OR this on Monday, but, is the story still that there are no class openings until late next fiscal year? Either way it's great to hear about August.

Talked to OR yesterday as I was finishing up my packet and he confirmed for the first time that there is going to be a board in August. Up until now he has been very hesitant to confirm anything and hey said it like a matter of fact so he must have got some solid info. This is just another one to through on the pile as confirmation of an August board.