• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2008 Christmas Buying Advice?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, with XMAS day fast approaching, what am I to give my cherished loved ones? I would not recommend buying any of this stuff. Anyone?

-ea6bflyr ;)

MasterBates

For Mrs. EA6B
162414_large.jpg

For the girls:
ar15-barbie.jpg

AK_HOT_PINK_DuraCoat.jpg

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
The fact that they make that stuff and the fact that you know they make that stuff is kinda scary Master...

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For Mrs. EA6B
162414_large.jpg

She already has a .25 Semi-Auto. Small gun and appropriate for her size. She needs nor wants another GUN. I have a Taurus .357 that she can shoot anytime she desires. Next you'll be telling me to get her a Bowling Ball with my name on it. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

BullGator

Ok, with XMAS day fast approaching, what am I to give my cherished loved ones? I would not recommend buying any of this stuff. Anyone?

-ea6bflyr ;)
I can't tell if you are being sincere here, or just trying to pawn your reindeer doo' ;), j/k, but I found some good stuff on the marineocs.com forum about Christmas gifts (open squad bay- parental christmas gifts: http://www.marineocs.com/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10222). You need to be a member to read the thread though, so I took a post/quote from a poster called msmiel if you are interested in reading a serious response specifically for your lady friend (take it or leave it; she did the leg work and I'm just trying to help. -Realize it's long.):

"Some ideas for the women in your life-

Perfume/body creams/bath salts/sniffy stuff in general are good ideas. Take a peek at her perfume collection/shower gel collection, then head to a mall and ask the ladies at the perfume counter for ideas. That way you stand to find something that she'll like and jive with her body chemistry. If you want something a tad on the luxurious side, Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone is one of my all time favorites and you can find it here -
http://tiny.cc/JoMalone She also has a HUGE selection of amazing fragrances on the website as well. Need something a little less extravagant? Bath and Body Works has a Japanese Cherry Blossom that is to die for and it's very reasonable. Their special holiday scent is always good too.

If you want to send her over the moon, Tiffany has an amazing selection of stuff for under $100. If you married bubbas out there want something with a bit more 'wow' factor- their picture frames are second to none and they can be engraved. Pop in a wedding photo or her with the kids and you have earned yourself some serious brownie points.

Manicure/Pedicure/Spa treatment certificates are always appreciated and most spas have manicure/pedicure specials for under $30.

Cashmere or Pashmina scarves are always a hit. You can find them online for reasonable prices.

Bathrobes, PJs and underwear are also good. Macy's has a great selection and they should have some big sales going on. Brooks Brothers had some women's pj sets on sale not too long ago as well.

Redenvelope.com has great stuff. Got my mom stuff from them last year.

One word- Longchamp. The online store is here http://tiny.cc/longchamp The smallest handbag in the "Le Pliage" line goes for just under $100, but they also have a clutch/cosmetic case for $45. The have more colors than you can shake a stick at and their bags are damn near indestructible.

Williams Sonoma has all sorts of edible delights that are sure to make anyone happy. If she likes tea, get her a cool teapot (Bodum makes a nice one and it's available at Target) and get a little basket and pop a bunch of different teas in and a travel mug. Same thing for coffee. She likes wine? Get her some awesome Riedel wine glasses (the 'O' series is really nice) and a couple bottles of really nice wine and some wine crackers.

But you know the ladies in your life the best. Thoughtful gifts are always the best ones."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do what we do in my family - buy them nothing. Christmas is awesome for me - no shopping, no traffic, no wondering what to get, no hassle, and I get to spend my money on myself for exactly what I want. It's a win-win situation.

Brett

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do what we do in my family - buy them nothing. Christmas is awesome for me - no shopping, no traffic, no wondering what to get, no hassle, and I get to spend my money on myself for exactly what I want. It's a win-win situation.

Brett

So, give my wife and kids the same thing I give my girlfriends and hookers? COLD HARD CASH. Nice. :D What should I do with the BLOW?

-ea6bflyr ;)