• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2008 Bah

MasterBates

Krock went up $210 for O3-Single and $280 for O-3 married.

Which seems about right, since housing here is as much as Corpus.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I get paid E6 while going to school and BAH for Chicago went up over $200 that is awesome.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
It works for me now. Our's went up over $200. Finally covers the mortgage.
Just for your knowledges, and everyone else's, BAH is not designed to cover mortgages. Obviously, it's great when it does.

Fred

Just for your knowledges, and everyone else's, BAH is not designed to cover mortgages. Obviously, it's great when it does.

Yes, I am well aware of that. When we bought our house BAH was a $1,000 less a month than it is now.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Mine went down $90. Good thing we're moving, the cost of living continues to go up here and they're going to lower BAH. Nonsense.

I thought under the new BAH rules (2006?) that once you PCS'd somewhere, you BAH could not go down. Only go up or stay the same? Once you PCS, then it resets to the current rate where you go.

Where is a Super-Chop when you need them to explain this crap?

When I lived in Pcola for API my BAH was $1018. Now I am in Corpus and my BAH is $860. Either I'm getting screwed or that rule is no longer in place.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
When I lived in Pcola for API my BAH was $1018. Now I am in Corpus and my BAH is $860. Either I'm getting screwed or that rule is no longer in place.

MB's reply may have been kind of confusing, but what he meant is that if you PCS to a new duty station your BAH can't go down once you get there. That means now that your in Corpus and getting $860, and say for example in 2008 it went down to $800, you'd keep getting $860 since that's what you got when you first PCS'd there. The difference between P-cola and Corpus doesn't matter.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

What IBB said. By your logic, I should still be getting another $1200 a month from when I moved from HI. If only...

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know where this rule is written. Want to put this info out to as many people as I can since the word is already getting around and people are starting to worry about losing money out of pocket.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Anyone know where this rule is written. Want to put this info out to as many people as I can since the word is already getting around and people are starting to worry about losing money out of pocket.
Which rule?