• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 pull up, finally

Richthofen

Finally hit 20 pull ups.
67 more days to send an application.
Assuming 98 more days to find out if I can get into OCC.

Semper Fi

ItsTurboTime

Are you looking at going in October? I hadn't looked up the application deadline, but my OSO assured me that I'd be able to make it if my PRK on April 11th got the waiver in the minimum time (3 months I believe). If it's true that there are only 67 days left to apply, I don't think that's going to happen.

Good work on the pullups by the way.

SpiderUSMC

ItsTurboTime said:
Are you looking at going in October? I hadn't looked up the application deadline, but my OSO assured me that I'd be able to make it if my PRK on April 11th got the waiver in the minimum time (3 months I believe). If it's true that there are only 67 days left to apply, I don't think that's going to happen.

Good work on the pullups by the way.

I'm in the same boat...have my PRK Thursday 3/30.

My OSO said August board for the October class. Which leaves me one month to get physical and PFT set from 3-month stability date if all goes well. :eek:

Richthofen

I'm trying to apply class that starts at Jan07 since I graduate in Nov.
applying with 1 point waiver, and I I hear all kinda of stuff so we'll see how it goes.

Thank you everyone.

jbright44

SpiderUSMC said:
I'm in the same boat...have my PRK Thursday 3/30.

My OSO said August board for the October class. Which leaves me one month to get physical and PFT set from 3-month stability date if all goes well. :eek:

Really? My OSO told me April Board for June and Oct and Aug. board for January only.

SpiderUSMC

jbright44 said:
Really? My OSO told me April Board for June and Oct and Aug. board for January only.

What he said, but he also just rotated into the position. He seems pretty on top of his game though. I'm contacting him again after surgery, will let y'all know.

Othromas - Thanks. And yes I'm getting both done at the same time. In for a penny, in for a pound :eek: .

The thing that worries me is whether or not I'll correct to 20/20, which is my main problem. My doc's are on the fence if I'll make it, so fingers are crossed over here. Correcting to 20/20 is something I've never done, but hey, it's only 5 grand right? :icon_tong

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
It's a wild ride, man--have fun with it. I had each eye done separately (a week apart), which was pretty weird. I don't think I would've done that again but in the end it worked out fine and I could see with the first eye while the second healed, which was pretty good. I did heal pretty quick but was very light sensitive (I remember watching TV with two pairs of very good sunglasses on with the TV brightness kicked down to next to nothing and still squinting pretty good). Good luck!