• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 JAN 2019 OCS Class

JVP

!Si la vida te da la espalda, tocale el culo!
Starting thread. Who else is attending this class?

Last edited:

mewoods3

Non-prior SNFO designation checking into this class. I'll be swearing in next week and haven't booked any travel arrangements yet.

I am from Houston and will be flying, no way I am driving 1800+ miles. Trying to look for a hotel in the area to stay the night prior. I hope I am not the gramps of the class at age 28.

Reactions: JVP
Good to know. Would I be able to book a room at a hotel like navy lodge on the base since I am nonprior enlisted? Would I be able to have base access the day prior to check in with my orders or I would have to book near the base? I know they do not want you to be anywhere near the base until it is close to your report time.

rockthearts281

meh, worst case scenario, we die.
I am from Houston and will be flying, no way I am driving 1800+ miles. Trying to look for a hotel in the area to stay the night prior. I hope I am not the gramps of the class at age 28.
Dont feel bad bud, If I end up in this class, I'll also be another old guy, which is depressing for being only 28 lol. I will probably be in either this class or the 10 FEB class. Wont know until I graduate in December.

Meyerkord

pilot
Good to know. Would I be able to book a room at a hotel like navy lodge on the base since I am nonprior enlisted? Would I be able to have base access the day prior to check in with my orders or I would have to book near the base? I know they do not want you to be anywhere near the base until it is close to your report time.
Yes, you will absolutely be able to stay at the Navy Lodge or Navy Gateway on base. In fact, it's recommended you stay there. Just tell them you're there for OCS and they'll know what to do. The base is huge. They don't want you wandering onto training country (a small portion of the base where you will be spending most of your time) before check-in day, but the hotels are off that part of the base so you have nothing to worry about. I'd also suggest getting in touch with other candidates and going out to dinner the night before if you have the time. That way you'll known some familiar faces once the suck starts.

Yes, you will absolutely be able to stay at the Navy Lodge or Navy Gateway on base. In fact, it's recommended you stay there. Just tell them you're there for OCS and they'll know what to do. The base is huge. They don't want you wandering onto training country (a small portion of the base where you will be spending most of your time) before check-in day, but the hotels are off that part of the base so you have nothing to worry about. I'd also suggest getting in touch with other candidates and going out to dinner the night before if you have the time. That way you'll known some familiar faces once the suck starts.
I appreciate the info, thanks. I am not too sure about dinner the night prior with other candidates prior because my flight is around noon on Saturday from Houston, stops in Philadelphia around 4:30 pm then due to land in Providence around 8:00 pm and probably be almost 10:00 pm by the time I get out of the airport and check into the hotel. Going to try to get one last good nights rest in before the suck part starts.