• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
haha, well took the test today and lone and behold, there it was. However its worded "manned" in the test booklet, thusly delta is the anser. It has never (to my knowledge) carred men to space. Thanks for the reply, I think I got myself a bit overworked having only a week to prepare. All and all it went well.

Riffle

Would anyone be able to help me with the prep test #'s: Math 31, 34, 45, 46; Mechanical 24? Do we need to know/be tested on problems with sin/cosine/tangent? Thanks so much.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
Ok, lemme take a stab at it (this is assuming you mean the practice test gouge from the site)...

31. Read the problem and visualize the two equations given. M=M-16 P=Pistol Therefore 6M + 4P = J & 4M + 6P = T. Combining this relationship into one equation we get 10M + 10P = J + T. Divide both sides by 10 and you get M + P = (1/10)(J + T) or answer B

34. The statement before tells us a fictitious law of math....we are to follow it blindly as good little test takers. x * y = y (x+1). In our problem do the SAME THING. when it says -4 *j, think x * y. Therefore -6 = y (x+1). Using our previous substitution of x and y, we get -6 = j (-4 + 1). Now moving things around we get -6 = -3j or j = 2.

45. This is as simple as reading the correct digit at the correct value. Starting at the decimal point moving left: ones, tens, hundreds, thousands etc... moving from the decimal point right: tenths, hundreths, thousanths etc...,
1432.678 gives
a 3
b 2
c 4
d 1
e 6
f 8
g 7

46. This one is a bit trickier remember that figures are NOT DRAWN TO SCALE unless they are said to be. Therefore, the fact that the polygon created by connecting ABCD looks square, its not. The givens are: area of ABCD = 10 and its a rectangle. Also the distance from D to A is 5. Since rectangles must have 2 pairs of sides, and the area is L X W. if L=5 then W must equal 2. We now know that AD & BC are 5 and AB & DC are 2. The area of a triangle is 1/2 B X H. The base of our triangle is DC. The height is given by the problem to be the same distance as BC and AD (E is the same distance from the CD line as A and B). Therefore the height is 5. Ok, so we know that half of 2 is 1, therefore the area of the triangle is 5.

Mechanical

24. A rule of hydrodynamics is: In a continuous liquid, all points at the same height, have the same pressure. Therefore when the plug is removed, the water in the tube and water in the cup, which are at different heights, will want to come to an equilibrium. The water is higher outside the tube then in, thusly more pressure, so it will move INTO the tube when the plug is released.

I am an engineer, meaning I suck at explaining things without a cocktail napkin or a pizza box. Hope this helps.....and if it dont, lemme know and I will draw it out a bit. Good luck on the test and take care.

Riffle

Ironfeliks23, I appreciate your help alot, impressive. I apologize for asking about the simple Math #45 -- I was looking at the picture for the one below. If I make it, maybe I could be your wingman to say thanks. Thank you KsLairsey about the sin geometry.

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
Not a problem, if I can help you out on anything else, ask away. I got nothing better to do till I hear back on my package. Good luck on the test, go in confident and come out knowing you didnt give an inch, it'll be all right in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.