• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

#2 Deeeeenied

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Yup, denied again. Different form letter this time though. This time, they said it was because of the drastic cuts, and only the very best were being selected, and that I was "highly encouraged" to re-apply in the future, and that statement was only directed toward the "upper echelon" of those applicants not selected.

Ugh... gonna go talk to a Marine OSO tomorrow morning, just listen to what they have to say about the Marines, think about other options. Since I'll be in Denver, I might even take the time to bug my Navy recruiter too while I'm down there.

Anti-shizzle my non-bizzle.

~Nate

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Keep tryin. I got denied the first time...and it was at this time of year, too. Nearing the end of the Fiscal Year and all. Keep on keepin on.

DairyCreamer

My stats are in the Stats and Scores forum (though not updated anytime recently, GPA mostly).

Applied SNA.

~Nate

ander37 said:
What were your stats, like GPA and ASTB stuff?
What did you apply for?

DairyCreamer

Yah, I'll be going for round 3 soon enough. Round 1 was last year July for me.

~Nate

Dunedan said:
Keep tryin. I got denied the first time...and it was at this time of year, too. Nearing the end of the Fiscal Year and all. Keep on keepin on.

DairyCreamer

We'll see what happens. We'll see what the Marines say, and I'll bug my Navy recruiter too.

~Nate

NeoCortex said:
Don't give up Nate, if you have to graduate first and keep applying!

ander37

K-rock
DairyCreamer,
you have almost the same stats as I.
except my GPA is a little higher at 3.1 (computer science)
and my OAR is at 63 even though I had the same 8,9,8 as you (i wonder how that worked out) :spin_125:
I am applying in September for SNA (2nd try), so hopefully I get a good Christmas present. :angel_125
But as Dunedan and Joe Dirt once said, "Keep on keepin on," and that is what I am going to do.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Some Encouragement

Former Blue Angel and F/A-18 pilot Larry "Fudge" Packer said, "I was not accepted into the Navy programs when I first applied, but I wouldn't let them say 'No.' So I kept coming back and coming back until finally they said, 'Sure, come on in!'" :icon_wink

You [DairyCreamer] won't be the first one they've turned away and you won't be the last. But if you do like Fudge Packer and not give up, you just might get picked up.

Don't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.