• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2.99 GPA

BDfan88

Just graduated in chemical engineering and going for the next SNA board. Will the board see my 2.99 GPA as a "3.0"? Or just as technically 2.99?

exNavyOffRec

Just graduated in chemical engineering and going for the next SNA board. Will the board see my 2.99 GPA as a "3.0"? Or just as technically 2.99?

they will see 2.99 because that is what it is, they will also see the transcripts, and if you put 3.0 on the application and it doesn't match the transcripts they can reject the application and send it back to the NRD for corrections, had that happen once.

exNavyOffRec

And I was being facetious. :D

Come on, nuke...nuking it?

yeah, today may not be the day for me to make too many post, I did a favor for someone and rec'd a "you screwed me over email", it pisses me off when you do a person a favor and they are ungrateful.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I had a 2.4something. Was smart enough to figure out stick go forward, trees get bigger. Stick go back, trees get smaller.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I had a 2.4something. Was smart enough to figure out stick go forward, trees get bigger. Stick go back, trees get smaller.
Yeah but keep in mind, certain programs have minima. In BDCP, if i got a single semester under 2.7, I'd have been on probation, or contract cancelled and gone enlisted. Buyer beware.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yeah but keep in mind, certain programs have minima. In BDCP, if i got a single semester under 2.7, I'd have been on probation, or contract cancelled and gone enlisted. Buyer beware.

One time in BDCP, I forgot to turn in my transcript for a semester and handed it in super late. The NRD went full code red on me, nevermind the fact I had straight A's that term :confused:

exNavyOffRec

We had a BDCP get less than 2.7 one term, NRC was generating paperwork to send them enlisted when the NRD called and begged them to give them a chance to fix the issue.

It is essentially "one strike your out" situation now.

minimum for aviation is now 2.5

Fire17

The GPA thing is a question that I also have when I go to apply for OCS. From what I understand, GPA is not the only thing that is looked at on the application package and the ATSB score is the most important, along with extracurricular activities, LOR's etc.

If I am wrong with any of that information, feel free to correct me. I am by no means an expert and am only in the beginning stages of my future naval career.

jtmedli

pilot
"Whole Person Concept". You have a 2.99 in Chem E. That's pretty damn good in my book. Actually I had a 2.98 in Elec Eng. I'm pretty sure the selection board will look at your app and be fully aware of the fact that a 2.99 in Chemical Engineering > a 3.5 in Poly Sci.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
2.5 with 7 F's on my transcript... And I am doing alright for myself.

Gotta ace the ASTB though and have really good LOR's and motivational statement when you decide to screw away your academics like I did...not saying you did.

I had a lot of athletics and other extracurriculars. I worked two jobs while going to school etc...they look at all of that.