• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2-3 year scholarships

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireval

How is the navy able to select who gets 2-3 year scholarships? I was told by a recruiter that HS grades do not matter at all but that does not make much sense. If you apply for a 3 yr scholarship, does the Navy only look at your freshman year of college? It seems to me that they would not be able to get a very good idea of how you really perform. thanks.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Not entirely sure what you are asking, but I will give a try at answering.

If you are in HS and applying for an NROTC scholarship, one cannot apply for just a 2-3 yr one. It is an application for a 4 yr NROTC ride.

Now, say you do not get, did not apply for it, or for whatever reason decide to do NROTC once you get to college (as a college programer) you can then apply for a scholarship. Depending on how much college you have completed, you will be applying for a 3,2 or 1 yr scholarship. To my knowlege, the navy will not pay for school already completed after receiving a scholarship.

Once you are already at college, all the boards are going to care about are you college grades and CO reccomendations. The reason why they don't care about you HS grades, is becuase honestly, they don't mean sh!t when compared to college grades, PRT scores and most importantly your CO's recommendation. Being that you made it into the college and have college grades to review now, the HS grades are less of an indacator of how you WILL do in college when compared to how you ARE doing in college.

If you have any more ?'s feel free to ask or PM me. Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.