• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1st duty station for new IW Officers

bbell

Greetings,

It is my understanding that new IW Officers are usually assigned to one of the regional security operations centers located at Ft. Meade, Ft Gordon, Medina, or Kunia. Would it be wise to contact the detailer once I know my OCS date to see which of these will have open billets? I would like to research these areas as much as possible and it would be beneficial to narrow down the possibilities.

Cheers

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
It couldn't hurt, but keep in mind, coming out of OCS, you're at the mercy of the needs of the Navy...unless IW school is a PCS, then that'll determine your initial orders. The reason I say this is because you typically start negotiating orders 9-12 months out (give or take). The window is a lot smaller coming out of OCS, and they just really neet to plug new O-1s in billets.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thisguy said:
It couldn't hurt, but keep in mind, coming out of OCS, you're at the mercy of the needs of the Navy...unless IW school is a PCS, then that'll determine your initial orders. The reason I say this is because you typically start negotiating orders 9-12 months out (give or take). The window is a lot smaller coming out of OCS, and they just really neet to plug new O-1s in billets.
Is CDOC still at Correy Station?

Brett

SpookyMustang

Not a brown shoe...
bbell said:
Greetings,

It is my understanding that new IW Officers are usually assigned to one of the regional security operations centers located at Ft. Meade, Ft Gordon, Medina, or Kunia. Would it be wise to contact the detailer once I know my OCS date to see which of these will have open billets? I would like to research these areas as much as possible and it would be beneficial to narrow down the possibilities.

Cheers

I'll be a bit direct. I wouldn't contact your detailer. You are not in his system right now because you have not gone to OCS. Detailers are busy people and it is best not to annoy them if you can help it.

It is great that you are going to the IW community...I enjoy it quite a bit. You already know the four locations to which you are most likely to be sent and I don't think you will be sent to Meade first. The detailer that is there now wants new accessions to go to one of the regional locations first. That means you have a choice of three. That is about as narrowed down as it is going to get until you get to OCS. Again congrats...

bbell

Hey Spooky,

Have you made it to Ft. Gordon yet? I would greatly appreaciate some general info. after you arrive.

Thanks.

Marika

"It is my understanding that new IW Officers are usually assigned to one of the regional security operations centers located at Ft. Meade, Ft Gordon, Medina, or Kunia."

Is this still the same? Also, does anyone know the start dates for Correy Station for IW after OCS for July/August?

Arkad

Clarification: To the maximum extent possible, all new accessions will go to one of the four cryptologic centers after attending IWBC in Pensacola. During your first tour, you will be required to finish the IWO PQS so you can transition from 164X to 161X. Definitely call the new accession detailer (LT Mike Isaac (901)874-4113).

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
eye-of-sauron.jpg

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Clarification: To the maximum extent possible, all new accessions will go to one of the four cryptologic centers after attending IWBC in Pensacola. During your first tour, you will be required to finish the IWO PQS so you can transition from 164X to 161X. Definitely call the new accession detailer .

Edit this to remove the name and access number.