• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

19 June 2022 OCS Class

Dwhite1017

Hey everyone,

I just got this class date. I know it’s pretty far out but I figured I’d go ahead and make the thread in case anyone else had received this date.

I’m in the CEC Collegiate Program which why I think I got my date so far out.

Look forward to meeting y’all! Maybe we can make a Facebook page or something once we have enough people.

Shuqi Li

Hey everyone,

I just got this class date. I know it’s pretty far out but I figured I’d go ahead and make the thread in case anyone else had received this date.

Look forward to meeting y’all! Maybe we can make a Facebook page or something once we have enough people.
Hi,
I got the same date. I'm in Supply Corps Program. Look forward to meeting you!

fjrios01

Hey guys I got this class date a while ago but just stumbled upon this thread. I’m in the NUPOC program finishing up my last semester of school. Look forward to meeting all you guys. Can I ask what you guys are doing to prepare for OCS? Being NUPOC and in school, I’m pretty detached from a lot of general military info.

Dwhite1017

Hey guys I got this class date a while ago but just stumbled upon this thread. I’m in the NUPOC program finishing up my last semester of school. Look forward to meeting all you guys. Can I ask what you guys are doing to prepare for OCS? Being NUPOC and in school, I’m pretty detached from a lot of general military info.
I’m a CEC collegiate so I’m in the same boat.

I’ve been going for a run a few times a week, doing a push-ups most nights, etc.

I’m planning to increase my intensity/frequency for workouts over the next few weeks… as well as memorizing everything we need to know. I really want to show up as prepared as possible, hopefully this will make other aspect (that you can’t prepare for) much more manageable.

The plan is to have a pretty rigid routine similar to that of OCS by the time June 19th rolls around.

fjrios01

I’m a CEC collegiate so I’m in the same boat.

I’ve been going for a run a few times a week, doing a push-ups most nights, etc.

I’m planning to increase my intensity/frequency for workouts over the next few weeks… as well as memorizing everything we need to know. I really want to show up as prepared as possible, hopefully this will make other aspect (that you can’t prepare for) much more manageable.

The plan is to have a pretty rigid routine similar to that of OCS by the time June 19th rolls around.
Yeah I’m about the same for the physical aspect. I’m also swimming as I want to try for scuba school as well. But I’m mainly concerned with the academic portion. Are you just going to memorize appendix bravo?

EnterGalactiQ93

Hey everyone,

SWO candidate here. I received word about two weeks ago, that I was selected for this OCS class. Looking forward to where this journey will take us. Keep me posted on a Facebook group.

Navy2050

Right now I am running 3 miles twice a week at just a little below my PRT pace. I am also running my PRT once week, and doing pushups, squats, planks every other day. Now that I know for sure that am infact going to OCS, I will be doing my planks, pushups, and squats daily until I leave. Get used to doing other exercises like flutter kicks, v-ups, burpees, different types of pushups, etc. I saw a youtube video of a somewhat recent OCS grad who stated that she also recommends you getting up to 10 lbs and holding that weight in front of you, because you will need to get used to holding your arms straight in front of you. Try to train until you literally max out, because you will be pushed in OCS. You need to get your body used to being uncomfortable. At the end of the day, remember that you can only prepare so much, but just be as prepared as you can. Memorize Appendix Bravo before you leave.

Dwhite1017

Have any of y’all received “official” orders for this date? I’ve been told verbally but nothing beyond that.

RhodesReese

I was just told youll get orders 40-45 business from when the FINSEL is approved. I was told this yesterday by my XO but I dont leave until September.. But with you leaving on the 18th you should be getting them soon.

I'm not in this class (July 24th), but my recruiter told me the other day that the final letters usually don't come out until about a month before the ship date and that the May 8th class hasn't even received theirs yet.