• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 OCT 2020 OCS CLASS

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Hi there. I'm 17OCT21 class and had some questions regarding your time at Newport.

How was Christmas/New Year's handled for your class? Were you allowed to go home for the holidays?
How was the weather? When did the cold start to really kick in?
Are there any items you wish you had brought with you? Anything you think would help with the cold?
Are there any items you were told to bring that you later found unnecessary?

KabarJaw

Hi there. I'm 17OCT21 class and had some questions regarding your time at Newport.

How was Christmas/New Year's handled for your class? Were you allowed to go home for the holidays?
How was the weather? When did the cold start to really kick in?
Are there any items you wish you had brought with you? Anything you think would help with the cold?
Are there any items you were told to bring that you later found unnecessary?

We were not allowed to go home due to covid but usually you would be allowed to.

I do not remember when the cold started to kick in, it was fairly chilly the whole time and go very cold as we approached the later months.

There wasn't much that helped with the cold. I did buy a blanket at the NEX that was very useful.

The only thing that I found unnecessary was the white shirts and white underwear, since I wasn't graduating in whites.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
We were not allowed to go home due to covid but usually you would be allowed to.

I do not remember when the cold started to kick in, it was fairly chilly the whole time and go very cold as we approached the later months.

There wasn't much that helped with the cold. I did buy a blanket at the NEX that was very useful.

The only thing that I found unnecessary was the white shirts and white underwear, since I wasn't graduating in whites.
Thanks for the reply!

As for holidays, had y’all already passed into Candio phase by Christmas? I’m finding so much contradictory information regarding leave, but the only solid information is that Candios are allowed to go home.

KabarJaw

Thanks for the reply!

As for holidays, had y’all already passed into Candio phase by Christmas? I’m finding so much contradictory information regarding leave, but the only solid information is that Candios are allowed to go home.

I was in SOC phase for it and we got our phones/laptops back just like candios.