• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

einstein

Hi everyone. I'm in the Oct. 18 OCS class also. I live here in pensacola. It sounds like a lot of you from out of town are getting here a day or two early. If anyone wants to get together friday or saturday, just e-mail me.

jaerose

IFS = Introductory Flight Screening. It's for student Naval Aviators who have no previous flight time. They allow you to get 25 hours of civilian flight time prior to the actual Navy flight training...she won't need it.

Sorry if I stole your thunder, Flygirl =)

JR

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Yeah, that's why you have 850 posts....because you steal everyone's thunder with that lightning fast cable modem!!!

Hey einstein, (please tell me you're not an einstein), what are you going in for? SNA, SNFO, SWO, etc?

slabman

SNA Primary (Whiting)
Flygirl,
I graduated in May of this year with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Do you still live in Jacksonville?

Jared

dhafeman

Is anyone else flying to Pensacola? It makes it twice as hard to pack since you don't have a place to store stuff you would like to have access to for RLP (like two pairs of shoes). Also, I just read that guys should not bring a swimsuit? They give us one then I assume. What about goggles? Are we allowed to even use those?

tvan

I read somewhere that guys should bring a conservative swimsuit (no speedos). Other things only mentioned the girls, so I'm not sure exactly what we're supposed to do. I'm bringing one, and if they give us a different one then I'll wear that. I'm not sure about the goggles, I was going to bring some if we were going to have to swim a prt, but since we dont I'm going without them.

grouch

Good luck class 08-04!!!

tvan, you will swim in your PT shorts. You do not have to bring a suit.

Flygirl, I thought you were suppose to go to OCS earlier this year. Did I just pull that out of my arse or did something happen?

jaerose

Well, I have two days to get my entire life squared away...should be doable. How's everyone else coming along?

JR

gin_e

Are we still planning to meet up Saturday night and Sunday morning?

Here's a plan, let me know your thoughts

Saturday at 6pm meet at McGuire's : http://www.beertravelers.com/details/florida/mcguires.html
First person who gets there put the table under the name OCS0804 so we can all find it.

Sunday morning at 9am meet at McDonalds on base.

Ginny

lvgravy

Sounds like a good plan, I am already on the road to Pensacola; driving from Washington...I probably won't check my email again so I will see you all at McGuire's; 6PM on Saturday....see you soon!

yenlig

Hey all,

Just discovered this forum this morning. Wish I had known about it for a while now. Hopefully I'll meet everybody at McGuire's this Saturday.

One quick question though: My orders tell me to report between 1200 Friday and 1100 Saturday. I was expecting them to say before 1200 Sunday. From what I've heard, whenever we check in, they send us to BEQ and tell us to pretty much disappear until Sunday morning, when the fun (and it WILL be fun) begins. Anyone have any last minute input? Post here or e-mail Liggett@ureach.com

Status
Not open for further replies.