• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart27

Hi Mike...things for me are going well. I've been conditioning and I'm starting to feel and see a difference. I need to start hitting the Big 4, I have only glanced over them. I hope to start flying again now that the weather is good. I plan to be in Pcola a day or two before we report. Do we actually have to move in Sat or do we check in Sat and then move in Sun? Are you flying or driving? I'll be driving. Hows everyone else doing?

Mike26

I've been running and swiming my a%$ off and I think I am ready, we will see. I plan on driving down as well, I know they give you 8 days to drive down there from WA, I am going to try and do it as fast as possible. I plan on stopping in TN for a few days to visit a friend. I am also taking a trip to Pcola in Aug. I hope to scope out OTS while I am down there; try to get a feel for the pain that is soon to come.

dhafeman

Hey, any of you guys going to Oshkosh this year? If you are, let me know. I will be there the last weekend, the 1st-3rd of August I believe. I'll be flying to Pensacola a day or two before the 18th probably. Good luck all.

Dave

bart27

Do any of you know how xmas break will work for our class? Do we even get one? Have any dates been posted somewhere? I've read how the break works, but I was wondering about the specifics for us. Thanks.

gin_e

My recruiter told me they take a full week off for Christmas and New Years. With my calculations that gives us a Feb 1st graduation date.

jaerose

Hey all! I've just been moved from the 02AUG03 (most posts on the forum) OCS class to the 18OCT03 class! I am selected for SNA and I graduated in May from the University of Indianapolis with my BS in Physics. The reason I rolled is a long story, but if you're interested let me know and I'll share. Is anyone from the Mid-West? If so, we should get together. I know my buddy D_Mac is also in this class now. We should try to build a good rapport before arriving...and also arrive in a large group at about 11:59 am on the day we report so the Candi-O's can't single us out. Is anyone up for possibly having a get-together a day, or so before we start? We should start an email list, or something. Also, if we graduate the first of Feb. that's right before my birthday...not a bad gift. Talk to you later.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

slabman

SNA Primary (Whiting)
What's up JR,
That sounds like a plan! I think we should reserve a whole floor at a hotel so we can all meet eachother. I definitely plan on arriving in Pensacola on Saturday.

Jared

Keith Nielsen

Sounds like a good idea to me. We should all go out for one last good meal before all of the fun starts. The email list is a good idea too.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Yeah,

Like JR said, I was moved to this OCS date also. I am also coming from 02AUG03 date. Again, long story, but I am very excited to get this thing on the ROLL!!!! I agree with JR. We need to plan a cookout or something before we go to OCS to get acquainted with one another. I just got back from P'Cola to scope things out before I go... not too bad of a place@!!!!! Great weather, sweet beaches, and the base looks pretty cool too. I checked out the Naval Aviation Museum while on base, and all I can say is AWESOME!!! It's like being 8 years old in a candy store.

I've been working my a** off trying to stay in shape for OCS. How is everyone coming along on their PT'ing? Keep it up, because I want to strive for that 4th week liberty!!!

Anyways, I'm heading to Dayton Airshow tomorrow morning. We have an extra ticket (me and JR) but I think it'll be too late now. If you are interested, please email me ASAP!!! The airshow starts at 09:00 on Thursday. Later,

Dustin

bart27

Its great to see our class starting to come together. I agree w/ JR in that we should try to establish a focussed and supportive group prior to reporting. How should we go about creating an email list? Shall we just PM each other? If you wish to PM your contact info to me, I'll volunteer to send out a mass email. For those SNAs in our group, are u attempting to prepair for API prior to OCS or are you just concentrating on OCS?

jaerose

I think I'll do some general reading for API, but I don't really plan on pre-studying. Maybe during IFS when it's a little more immediate, but probably not now. I think I did inadvertantly prepare, though, by getting a Physics degree. Dynamics was my favorite class =) Mainly I'm trying to not get ahead of the ball and focus on OCS...must clear that hurdle first!

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

lvgravy

I started to study quite a bit, rereading my physics and aero books but I decided that studying and gettin ready for OCS was the most important thing for me to do at this time, I'll probably hit the books hard while waiting for API, granted I make it through OCS first

Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I think preparing for OCS is good enough for now. I mean, after 13 weeks, it would be hard to retain any information that was learned prior to OCS...not to mention the wait time between graduation of OCS and beginning of API. There should be plenty of time to study for API between that time frame. So, my opinion, I think I will stick with learning the BIG 4 for now. STUDY HARD!!!

D

gin_e

Hey, I'm all for the reserving a whole hotel floor idea, whomever mentioned that. We have to try to meet up Saturday. Anyone familiar enough with the area to suggest a place? And we definitely need to arrive in mass at 11:59am Sunday :)

Ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.