• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPine

Come on now it's time to meet our neighbors. Just wondering who else might have the same class date I have, 18 October 2003.

LaPine

Slabman:
Currently living in DC but most likely moving to Seattle at the end of April to be closer to the parents before beginning the journey. Going in as an aviation. How 'bout yourself. Txpike you can get in on this conversation as well. Where you from? What are your plans?

txpike

currently in houston, tx working with my family until I leave. I graduated from texas a&m university in may of '02 and thought long and hard about making a career in the navy. I truly feel that this is my path in life and am willing to sacrafice to obtain it. but that is an entirely new story. It will be great to meet all of you all when we arrive that weekend!

slabman

SNA Primary (Whiting)
I am finishing up school at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville this may.Going in with a SNA slot. I know it is a long time off, but lets plan on meeting either that friday or saturday before we check in to OCS.

LaPine

Txpike, what are you going in for? Tnutz (another guy who reponded to this post) is also from the Houston area. I went to school with him in Mankato, MN.
Slabman, Sounds like a plan. One last meal without anyone screaming in our faces.

LaPine

Mike26, good to see ya, we should all be able to get along seeing as how we're all SNA. What's everyone doing to get prepared? How's the gouge coming along? Who's running how much?

txpike

gouge, what gouge. just kidding. as for running I haven't been lately b/c i just got finished running in the houston marathon and am taking sometime off before i get back into the swing of things. the marathon was a killer. I think the only really way to prepare yourself for OCS is mentally. The physical stuff I am not worried about as much; though I do run and currently about to start swimming. What ages are you all? As for gouge my recruiter gave me somestuff on things to except from OCS, not much though.

Mike26

I just turned 27, as far as prep work, I have been memorizing some things my recruiter gave me such as enlisted and officer ranks, 11 general orders of a sentry, and the code of conduct. I am not the greatest runner or swimmer, so I am working hard on that, my goal is to have my 1.5 run down to 10 mins before I get there, I'm about 11 mins now. LaPine, are you going to be driving to Pensacola from Seattle? It is still a ways off but if so we should follow each other down

Status
Not open for further replies.