• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 MAY PILOT NFO ROLLING BOARD

Mitcherd

Checking in: Pro Rec Y for both SNA and NFO!! Did anyone's OR have any suggestions about OCS dates? I'm trying to figure out living situation things and when I asked I got a snappy response about how that's not for me to worry about.

exNavyOffRec

Checking in: Pro Rec Y for both SNA and NFO!! Did anyone's OR have any suggestions about OCS dates? I'm trying to figure out living situation things and when I asked I got a snappy response about how that's not for me to worry about.

Look at the Final Select thread, several over there are posting their OCS dates, you must compare like designators, for instance if you take SNA don't look at a SWO and go "my date should be XX", as an example a person going for SNA just posted they have a July 10th date, that indicates people at this board are probably all FY 17 accessions so estimate OCS in July or later.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Stay at your current place as long as you can. You can break a lease penalty free when you get OCS orders.

Mitcherd

Stay at your current place as long as you can. You can break a lease penalty free when you get OCS orders.

The reason I ask is I live in Hawaii, and friends and family were going to come visit and I don't want them to buy a plane ticket and then me get orders and them have to try and get a refund. When I took the Astb and put in for this board my OR said everything was fine, but wouldn't let me put my available for OCS date on my packet sometime far out in like October or something. This is definitely a whiny thing to worry about, but still. My part of the island is heavy in military living off post, so my leasing company had a large clause section in my lease for getting out of the lease due to military orders.

lusos

A man's gotta eat
Hate to say it but just got the results back and it looks like Prorec N.

I'll be applying to the board again around October of this year. Hope to see some of you guys out in the fleet.

gsalg

Hate to say it but just got the results back and it looks like Prorec N.

I'll be applying to the board again around October of this year. Hope to see some of you guys out in the fleet.

Wow I feel like your numbers aren't bad at all. ASTB could be better but its not bad at all and a 3.2 GPA with a mechanical engineering major? I'm kinda scared now. Did you apply both NFO and Pilot?

kkfinn

Got a Pro Rec N for both SNA/NFO too.

I will be buckling down and studying to up my scores for the Sept/Oct board.
Congrats to all the Pro Rec Ys!

lusos

A man's gotta eat
Wow I feel like your numbers aren't bad at all. ASTB could be better but its not bad at all and a 3.2 GPA with a mechanical engineering major? I'm kinda scared now. Did you apply both NFO and Pilot?

I applied for both SNA//NFO on this board. However, I was denied for both. I'm not giving up just yet so if anything this gives me a chance to gain some more muscle before the next board. From what I have been told, it's almost like your major doesn't matter, only your GPA. I was hoping that the ME degree would be a bit more favored for such a technical field though. :(

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I applied for both SNA//NFO on this board. However, I was denied for both. I'm not giving up just yet so if anything this gives me a chance to gain some more muscle before the next board. From what I have been told, it's almost like your major doesn't matter, only your GPA. I was hoping that the ME degree would be a bit more favored for such a technical field though. :(

No, it's your ASTB score that has the most weight. Get your sub scores around 7s and 8s and you should be okay.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Not expecting one for a little bit, seeing as how here are still many people waiting to go from the February board.