• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 MAY PILOT NFO ROLLING BOARD

exNavyOffRec

BOARD STATISTICS

When we got word late last week that another Pilot/NFO board was already slated for July (a whole month early and only 2 months after this board), it was clear that the May board didn't get what they wanted. These results confirm that suspicion. If you believe that an only marginal candidate that barely meets the requirements will get selected, you need to think again. Marginal GPA and an ASTB that barely meets the minimums isn't standing a good chance at all. PREPARE for the ASTB...we have an awesome resource right here on AW to do so.

STATS:

Pilot: 146 to board
- Select: 86
- Select percentage: 58.9%

NFO: 140 to board
- Select: 75
- Select percentage: 53.6%

These percentages are WAY off the average which normally hovers between 75 and 90%...on average.

These percentages are getting back to what they were before the change of needing a PQ letter prior to submitting, the though when they talked about it was that it would be skewed selection percentages initially but eventually even out to where it was before, maybe it is finally happening.

lusos

A man's gotta eat
Results are out obviously. Please give your OR 24-48 hours to receive and deliver the news. Being that NRC is approaching a 4 day holiday weekend some of you might not hear back until next week.

Any reason why my recruiter would not be seeing these results? He's saying both me and another applicant are still pending.

ksuhri

Just filled out some more paperwork regarding security clearance and had fingerprints done. My OR said he thinks final select letters will be sent out mid/end of June and OCS report dates by end of August/September at the latest. He also said this board was fy17.

SWOMan

Just filled out some more paperwork regarding security clearance and had fingerprints done. My OR said he thinks final select letters will be sent out mid/end of June and OCS report dates by end of August/September at the latest. He also said this board was fy17.
Wouldn't get your hopes up if fy17. I was in the Feb board and was recently told probably august -Oct ocs date this week. Still a lot of guys waiting for ocs

swopeful

haze gray is my favorite color.
Some of the selection dates and class dates of those in final select purgatory suggest there are additional variables to be considered including when applicants are age critical and the community's respective pipelines.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Anecdotal, take with a grain of salt, but I have a friend in the pipeline down in Pcola and he only classed up for API last week after graduating OCS in mid-October. Lots of people in A-pool and weather have been causing delays so it sounds like the pipeline is pretty backed up, and that will only get worse as the Academy/NROTC guys report this summer.

I'm going to prepare like I'm going in August, but I wouldn't be surprised if our dates will be more in the September-October time frame.

FlyGuy9

Hey guys that absolutely dominated the ASTB-E, what advice do you guys have for studying as far as materials. I used this book for a few weeks before taking the test. http://www.amazon.com/Inc-Accepted-ASTB-Study-Guide/dp/B00N4EAP6S/ref=pd_sim_14_13?ie=UTF8&dpID=51JLVfTH6XL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR124,160_&refRID=10FYV31XY5ATVSZVWN4C
My scores:
Central Missouri graduating summer 2016 now
BS Pro Pilot Major
3.1 GPA
-No letters of recommendation except previous employers (should have got some, i have former Naval Aviators that said they will write LOR)
-finishing my Commercial Multi and Single engine add on
-Flight team member/competitor
-Held office positions for Aviation Student Gov.
-Aviation dept research assistant and awarded an undergrad research scholarship
-Deans list 2x

Congrats to everyone that was selected!!

Did not get selected this time around but I know there are two more boards this year.

Ryan Ensor

Hey guys that absolutely dominated the ASTB-E, what advice do you guys have for studying as far as materials. I used this book for a few weeks before taking the test. http://www.amazon.com/Inc-Accepted-ASTB-Study-Guide/dp/B00N4EAP6S/ref=pd_sim_14_13?ie=UTF8&dpID=51JLVfTH6XL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR124,160_&refRID=10FYV31XY5ATVSZVWN4C
My scores:
BS Pro Pilot Major
3.1 GPA
-No letters of recommendation except previous employers (should have got some, i have former Naval Aviators that said they will write LOR)
-Deans list 2x

Did not get selected this time around but I know there are two more boards this year.
i wouldnt say i dominated it haha but if you search my profile i posted a huge amount of stuff that i studied for it. there was a bunch of links in one of my posts.

Huneph

PPC/MC
My scores:
BS Pro Pilot Major
3.1 GPA
-Deans list 2x

I used Barron's ASTB-E study guide just did the two practice tests in there. For the simulation portion of the test I don't know if you can call it "studying" but I've played a lot of video games and it kind of felt like a video game haha.