• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 MAY PILOT NFO ROLLING BOARD

aebchoi

I would check with RUFIO as the PA for SNA applies no matter if you are AD or civilian, it used to list under the education section the minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.

RUFIO would know if this has changed, it is also possible they removed it from the PA so the board itself can make the cut, I have seen this on IDC where they before one board made a cut of everyone less than a specified GPA.

While you GPA is bad your ASTB scores are really good.

Here is the PA for SNA/SNFO. Nothing about GPA, maybe it changed. The fleet processors let me know that the minimum was also 2.0. (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...PA_106_OCS_Pilot_and_NFO_signed_16Aug2013.pdf)

I'd like to know if there is any way to find out if I made the May board as I turned my tattoo waiver today and my kit before the deadline on 22APR.

exNavyOffRec

Here is the PA for SNA/SNFO. Nothing about GPA, maybe it changed. The fleet processors let me know that the minimum was also 2.0. (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...PA_106_OCS_Pilot_and_NFO_signed_16Aug2013.pdf)

I'd like to know if there is any way to find out if I made the May board as I turned my tattoo waiver today and my kit before the deadline on 22APR.

I would find it odd they would drop the min GPA from 2.5 to 2.0 especially given that SWO raised theirs, but anything can happen, RUFIO would know for sure what the deal is, it isn't uncommon for processors to give out less than accurate information.

aebchoi

Hopefully. I'm praying that my ASTB scores will even out my GPA....

So is there anyway to tell if I made the May board?

John Mold

Hey guys just checking in! Just got approved as a new member. Thanks for all the great info everyone, been doing a lot of reading here.

Pretty nervous because I didn't have long to study for the test to make this board. ASTB is just qualifying in everything. Hopefully the rest of my kit is enough to pull me through! I am not sure I will get another attempt I am currently sitting on an age waiver and might not make it through OCS by my 29th birthday if I have to wait for another board :/

28, Prior Navy 5 years- Aviation Structural Mechanic
A school and C school F/A-18F
Third Class (E-4) EP/MP Evals
Secret Clearance
2 Deployments 1 IA tour
ASTB: 45 5/5/5
Rochester Institute of Technology
B.S. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
A.S. Mathematics
GPA: 3.6
18MAY16 Board

Last edited:

Huneph

PPC/MC
Checking in. My packet is headed to this board for the pilot position.

ASTB:
OAR 64
PFAR 9
FOFAR 7
AQR 8

B.S. Aviation maintenance and management
GPA 3.79

aebchoi

I've been thinking about my GPA lately... Does the college you went to make a difference?
Also, should I have put in my personnel statement about how I did bad in college because I was just growing up? My chief did not recommend it.
I'm thinking the only way to boost my package would be more LORs/Interviews and start taking college classes again. Any thoughts?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
AT BOARD LIST has been released. If you haven't already contact your recruiter or fleet processor to confirm you are on this board.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
SNA/SNFO boards usually come back pretty quickly. I would guess AD guys get it on Friday and NRD applicants get it on Monday.