• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 MAY PILOT NFO ROLLING BOARD

lusos

A man's gotta eat
I went through MEPS Monday of last week and I had to get civilian blood pressure readings done to make sure I don't have high blood pressure (they took my BP right after I thought I failed depth perception, but I ended up finding out I passed with no errors to line F so my BP read high). I know I don't have high blood pressure. The blood pressure forms were submitted back to MEPS this past Monday so now I'm just waiting to get that cleared. I'm definitely going to be cutting it close with this board. I've already missed so many, but I've definitely learned patience in this whole process. We'll see how this next nine days goes.

I had a similar story. I went through MEPS with no problems though my blood pressure was borderline, right at 140/90. It was very unusual for me, as my pulse was still 54 and I have no history of high BP. However, I think the fact that I did not eat or drink the night before made me dehydrated and cause the blood pressure spike (plus all of the nervousness of being at MEPS). I had to go back and forth twice a day (for three days)to a small clinic near work and have sitting/standing BP taken. However, the Navy medical gods seem to be pleased with my sacrifice so I 'm good to go now.

Looking at all the stats of everyone applying on this board makes me feel like I'm on the low end of the spectrum haha. Hopefully the high selection rate continues and I will be selected. I believe my OR said it's been sent into the processor. Good luck to everyone!

I had a similar story. I went through MEPS with no problems though my blood pressure was borderline, right at 140/90. It was very unusual for me, as my pulse was still 54 and I have no history of high BP. However, I think the fact that I did not eat or drink the night before made me dehydrated and cause the blood pressure spike (plus all of the nervousness of being at MEPS). I had to go back and forth twice a day (for three days)to a small clinic near work and have sitting/standing BP taken. However, the Navy medical gods seem to be pleased with my sacrifice so I 'm good to go now.
How long after you submitted the forms did you get PQ'd?

lusos

A man's gotta eat
How long after you submitted the forms did you get PQ'd?

Mine was the same day.

In short I had to go to a local clinic (just any doc in the box with official letterhead) and have a standing/sitting BP taken in morning and in the evening. After 3 days I submitted the 12 total readings to my recruiter who had my PQ'd by the end of that same day.

Last edited:
Mine was the same day.

In short I had to go to a local clinic (just any doc in the box with official letterhead) and have a standing/sitting BP taken in morning and in the evening. After 3 days I submitted the 12 total readings to my recruiter who had my PQ'd by the end of that same day.

Yeah that's crazy.. The MEPS gods were definitely in your favor. Mine were submitted on Monday and I'm still waiting.

Does anyone know that if my package was given to the processor means that it will reach the board if everything is ok? My OR says he submitted it to the processor a week before the deadline but hasn't heard anything back.

aebchoi

I haven't posted in a while, but for those fleet applicants, it turns out that you can apply with a GPA of 2.5 or lower (as long as it is above 2.0)

I put my kit in on 4/22, but I was missing my tattoo waiver (I have no tattoos, missed the side note on tattoo waivers) . Does anyone know if my kit will still make the May board or will I be put on the next board (July?) Thanks

exNavyOffRec

I haven't posted in a while, but for those fleet applicants, it turns out that you can apply with a GPA of 2.5 or lower (as long as it is above 2.0)

I put my kit in on 4/22, but I was missing my tattoo waiver (I have no tattoos, missed the side note on tattoo waivers) . Does anyone know if my kit will still make the May board or will I be put on the next board (July?) Thanks

I would check with RUFIO as the PA for SNA applies no matter if you are AD or civilian, it used to list under the education section the minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.

RUFIO would know if this has changed, it is also possible they removed it from the PA so the board itself can make the cut, I have seen this on IDC where they before one board made a cut of everyone less than a specified GPA.

While you GPA is bad your ASTB scores are really good.