• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 MAY PILOT NFO ROLLING BOARD

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
I have everything completed except for my ASTB. Due to the 90-day wait time I cannot re-test until April 25th. Is there any kind of waiver or exception made for this type of situation? Given that I turn 27 next March I think getting a kit in for this board may be pretty important. Anyone know?

Not sure about the ASTB part but if you cannot make it to this board the next one is available. I am in a similar situation as I turn 27 in May. Assuming the board convenes in August you would be marked as "age critical" and then if selected, put into the earliest possible OCS class that can take you. Meanwhile before then you could improve your packet.

This is at least what I have been told. If your 26 your considered age critical.

Gabriel Pramik

I have everything completed except for my ASTB. Due to the 90-day wait time I cannot re-test until April 25th. Is there any kind of waiver or exception made for this type of situation? Given that I turn 27 next March I think getting a kit in for this board may be pretty important. Anyone know?
I do not think they can wavier the 90 day period. I tried to apply for the December board, having finished college and they would not accept a letter of completion from my school like they do for non-priors they wanted my degree conferred even though it was complete. I was on an age wavier. I highly recommended you just apply with your old scores unless they don't meet the min.

I do not think they can wavier the 90 day period. I tried to apply for the December board, having finished college and they would not accept a letter of completion from my school like they do for non-priors they wanted my degree conferred even though it was complete. I was on an age wavier. I highly recommended you just apply with your old scores unless they don't meet the min.
Yeah, I agree that I don't believe they will waiver the 90-day test period, but if the board meets may 18th I am wondering if they would accept my kit on say the 26/27th instead of the 22nd? I would submit but my initial scores were embarrassingly bad so I don't think it would get me anywhere.

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
If my medical isn't cleared before April 22nd, there's no way I'd be able to make this board right?

In a similar situation. I have MEPs this Friday which gives me only 7 days until the 22nd. Everything else in my packet is complete and my OR said it usually only takes 2-3 days for results (bloodwork etc) to come back.

kkfinn

In a similar situation. I have MEPs this Friday which gives me only 7 days until the 22nd. Everything else in my packet is complete and my OR said it usually only takes 2-3 days for results (bloodwork etc) to come back.
After everything is done you still have to go through two levels of QA. I just found out I passed and was approved for board consideration and it was a few weeks after I finished my stuff.

But I obviously can't vouch for everyone's process.

I went through MEPS Monday of last week and I had to get civilian blood pressure readings done to make sure I don't have high blood pressure (they took my BP right after I thought I failed depth perception, but I ended up finding out I passed with no errors to line F so my BP read high). I know I don't have high blood pressure. The blood pressure forms were submitted back to MEPS this past Monday so now I'm just waiting to get that cleared. I'm definitely going to be cutting it close with this board. I've already missed so many, but I've definitely learned patience in this whole process. We'll see how this next nine days goes.

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
After everything is done you still have to go through two levels of QA. I just found out I passed and was approved for board consideration and it was a few weeks after I finished my stuff.

But I obviously can't vouch for everyone's process.

I definitely want to make this board. I recently saw they have halted SWO boards because they accepted too many applicants. I know slots vary with SNA/NFO boards but can they (or is it realistic that they could) cancel the August/September board all together if we miss this one?