• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 July Pilot/NFO Board

MTLiving

Right here, graduating in December but I don't think it will be worse.. At least we know we are accepted and going now! Just don't do anything stupid and we are good. Waiting for this PRO REC we didnt know if we would have the chance you know? Im just ht appy I'm in :)

Advice from a couple of guys I personally know really well. Just enjoy the free time. Contact family, take a nice trip, enjoy being a free man, because you will miss it haha. So thats what I am going to do!
Yeah you're right about at least we know we are accepted! I guess the only thing that will be hard is to stay focused throughout the semester haha

ab187

Anyone else waiting for a December graduation and just realized this wait will be way worse than for the Pro Rec's??

I'm waiting for a December graduation and was Pro-Rec'd in February... at times it has been slow but overall the past five months have gone by rather quickly. I'm betting that the next five will go by even quicker, especially with football as a distraction lol.

MTLiving

I'm waiting for a December graduation and was Pro-Rec'd in February... at times it has been slow but overall the past five months have gone by rather quickly. I'm betting that the next five will go by even quicker, especially with football as a distraction lol.
I thought we had it bad with waiting a semester but that just sounds miserable!

BlackBimM3r

Ohh god yes. I am so ready for some college football. I'm really going to enjoy this season with no classes and still living half a mile from the stadium. Just mildly concerned I'll miss the Iron Bowl because of OCS haha not complaining though.

BlackBimM3r

Not waiting to hear, but my OR did just call to congratulate. The interesting bit he passed along was that he said he and his boss wouldn't be surprised to see FINSELs start rolling in within just a couple weeks to a month. That seems wildly optimistic to me based on the Final select purgatory thread, but you never know I guess.

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
The interesting bit he passed along was that he said he and his boss wouldn't be surprised to see FINSELs start rolling in within just a couple weeks to a month. That seems wildly optimistic to me based on the Final select purgatory thread, but you never know I guess.

Maybe they're moving the aviation pipeline along with a little bit of urgency. Just spitballing here but with the July board being unplanned and so close to the last board, July still had a high selection rate. Not that I have any inside information, but that seems to indicate some sort of immediate need.

MTLiving

Maybe they're moving the aviation pipeline along with a little bit of urgency. Just spitballing here but with the July board being unplanned and so close to the last board, July still had a high selection rate. Not that I have any inside information, but that seems to indicate some sort of immediate need.
Yeah I'm curious why the selection rate was so high...because as of now we haven't seen any Pro Rec N's...

flynavy830

But May was lower and they expected future boards to "level" out to past trends... Wonder what's going on.

BlackBimM3r

Yeah I would like to know what's up..not that I'm complaining tho ;)
Pure speculation, but the Navy may be in need of pilots now. However, the quality of applicants may have not been what the Navy wanted on the May board. So they could have set up another board in quick succession to try and grab some higher quality applicants. Just a guess.

MTLiving

Pure speculation, but the Navy may be in need of pilots now. However, the quality of applicants may have not been what the Navy wanted on the May board. So they could have set up another board in quick succession to try and grab some higher quality applicants. Just a guess.
Yeah I could see that...either way I'm happy with the outcome and now the long wait begins