• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 July Pilot/NFO Board

JVA

@JVA Where are these results bro?? Haha sorry you would have gotten the glory if you were right, might as well give you shit for being wrong.

Haha I'm pissed off too! What I heard was relayed from a woman AT nrc... So now your guess is as good as mine

I can probably guarantee that it is my fault. Basically the entire last ten years of my military career has been one shit show after another. Only 23.5% of the time my fault.

flynavy830

I seem to remember reading a few years ago that boards would happen one a certain amount of applicants were submitted. Could it be the case of too few applicants for a board to meet? This could also all be wrong so take it as you will.

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
I seem to remember reading a few years ago that boards would happen one a certain amount of applicants were submitted. Could it be the case of too few applicants for a board to meet? This could also all be wrong so take it as you will.

That is exactly why I think it is taking so long. The # of kits submitted did not meet the threshold for the board to convene. They probably pushed it back a week or more so that they could get more in.

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
So, my OR said he's seen Intel boards last for upwards of 5 weeks but he's never seen a pilot board take this long. NRC is already home for the weekend though. He's going to ask around Monday morning.

exNavyOffRec

So, my OR said he's seen Intel boards last for upwards of 5 weeks but he's never seen a pilot board take this long. NRC is already home for the weekend though. He's going to ask around Monday morning.

IDC board are external, so NRC has no control over when they actual start, they put a date and hope they happen around that time. SNA/SNFO are internal boards but they have to have people available to sit the boards, it isn't uncommon for a board to be delayed due to the senior member travelling.

BlackBimM3r

IDC board are external, so NRC has no control over when they actual start, they put a date and hope they happen around that time. SNA/SNFO are internal boards but they have to have people available to sit the boards, it isn't uncommon for a board to be delayed due to the senior member travelling.
And it makes sense someone would take leave over summer...doesn't mean we have to like it though haha. It's been two weeks, hopefully they met and we get results Monday! Cautiously optimistic here...

exNavyOffRec

And it makes sense someone would take leave over summer...doesn't mean we have to like it though haha. It's been two weeks, hopefully they met and we get results Monday! Cautiously optimistic here...

Not leave, travel, senior officers at NRC travel often to visit NRD's as well as various other meetings/obligations.

JVA

Not sure this'll fill the void, but if any of you guys are in Austin, there is an entire squadron of T38's shooting high speed approaches at Bergstrom... Looked like Red Flag when I was driving into the city. Not the navy, but eh, still pretty awesome.

Squirrel Girl

Not sure this'll fill the void, but if any of you guys are in Austin, there is an entire squadron of T38's shooting high speed approaches at Bergstrom... Looked like Red Flag when I was driving into the city. Not the navy, but eh, still pretty awesome.

Yeah, final approach speed is 160+ for those bad johnnies.
What's on the tails? (XL, RA, VN)