• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 July Pilot/NFO Board

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
"In que for this board". Meaning, it's possible your kit was officially transmitted to the final stage but not routed for some reason? Was curious how that works, if you're toward the end of the FY do they possibly cut all applicants until they are able to push to a board?

Can't say I understand it all myself. It's all second hand info from my recruiter. The gist of it seems to be that despite being completed and submitted my recruiter could tell it wasn't on the list to be reviewed and he had to call the program manager to get it onto this board.

Last edited:

flynavy830

Can't say I understand it all myself. It's all second hand info from my recruiter. The gist of it seems to be that despite being completed and submitted my recruiter could tell it wasn't on the list to be reviewed and he had to call the program manager to get it onto this board.

Just obsessing over any info at this point. But from the looks of it, this board will have 20 applicants total haha. Looking back at February and it was 50+ pages of talk. I know this was a little unusual being so close to the last board though.

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
Just obsessing over any info at this point. But from the looks of it, this board will have 20 applicants total haha. Looking back at February and it was 50+ pages of talk. I know this was a little unusual being so close to the last board though.

Well, take comfort in that your not obsessing alone. I keep the page open hoping to see someone celebrate their results soon. Despite my best efforts, my heart is far too optimistic about a quick response from the selection board.

flynavy830

Well, take comfort in that your not obsessing alone. I keep the page open hoping to see someone celebrate their results soon. Despite my best efforts, my heart is far too optimistic about a quick response from the selection board.

Yeah, all the hurdles I had to jump and it all comes down to this wait. Degree, ASTB, MEPS, etc... Celebrated each one. Now just sitting back keeping busy.

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
Not even sure if my kit made it past the Program Manager which is the last I heard. Nonetheless, good luck everyone!

onlycraigdarlin

pilot
Yeah, all the hurdles I had to jump and it all comes down to this wait. Degree, ASTB, MEPS, etc... Celebrated each one. Now just sitting back keeping busy.

Heard that on the hurdles. I've been through this already with the Air Force. Spent a year applying, got selected, then got dumped by flight medicine over a slight color vision green deficiency. (USAF uses their own color vision test and its hyper sensitive. I've seen a Navy flight surgeon and gotten my FAA 1st Class Medical renewed since then and neither showed anything but perfect color vision).

After getting dumped and my waivers denied it took months for USAF to release my medical paperwork. Ended up missing every board since December waiting on the Air Force to catch up on their paperwork.

Just getting into OCS is its own marathon of hurdles.

BlackBimM3r

Same here. I could be wrong, but reading about the May board, it looked like they at least got their PRO RECs within a week. Hopefully we get the same.

exNavyOffRec

From what I was able to gather and confirmed by my recruiter, this July 18 board meets up for the upcoming FY Pilot/NFOs. The last class for FY 2016 has already been selected and if any of us are competent enough to get selected on this board, we will be going for FY 2017.

IDK if I understood your question correctly tho..

The past 2 boards picked people that will be in FY 17, some are still waiting from December, just read the final select threads

zboy

None
Same here. I could be wrong, but reading about the May board, it looked like they at least got their PRO RECs within a week. Hopefully we get the same.
I was in the may board which was on a Wednesday and we found out the following tuesday, so hopefully we hear something by weeks end...Hoping for some better news this time around