• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 July Pilot/NFO Board

jcahall

Tacamo Bro
None
I will be on this one and happy to see how early it is from the last one.... Early good luck to everyone!

PhillipC

Talked to my recruiter and finally checking in on this one!! Good luck to everyone, and hopefully this is a good sign having them so close together.

Mandy Smith

This board is saying the next pilot/NFO board is July. While some others are saying October. Can someone please clear that up for me. Thanks!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
On another thread October was mentioned. My son did not make it this time. And his OR said he would resubmit his package in October. He is going to retake the ASTB to better his chances.

They are probably talking about Fiscal Years. Since people selected in this board will not be commissioning by October 1st when the new fiscal year starts, they will be considered FY17 selections (i.e. you would have to be at OCS by July 1 to be FY16). This is more important for the SWO guys/girls but for SNA/SNFO it really doesn't make a difference.

If your son's OR is telling you he won't submit until October, he is likely doing that because his NRD has met their manning goals for SNA/SNFO for 2016 and is waiting for the new FY to start so that your son can be counted for next year, since there is no bonus for being over your goal. A bunch of applicants run into this issue as we get nearer to October and frankly I think it's a load of BS, but I'll defer to @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec as to what the best course of action would be.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
On another thread October was mentioned. My son did not make it this time. And his OR said he would resubmit his package in October. He is going to retake the ASTB to better his chances.

Your son's NRD has already met the required submissions for the FY meaning he will have to wait until the next FY in October to submit. Aside from July no other Pilot NFO board dates have been announced aside from them now being done on a quarterly basis.

Mandy Smith

Your son's NRD has already met the required submissions for the FY meaning he will have to wait until the next FY in October to submit. Aside from July no other Pilot NFO board dates have been announced aside from them now being done on a quarterly basis.

Ok. I
Thank you for clearing that up..sure appreciate that information. Sometimes his OR is hard to get in touch with. And he really hasn't known the questions to ask. But this board is a wealth of information. Thanks again

Mandy Smith

They are probably talking about Fiscal Years. Since people selected in this board will not be commissioning by October 1st when the new fiscal year starts, they will be considered FY17 selections (i.e. you would have to be at OCS by July 1 to be FY16). This is more important for the SWO guys/girls but for SNA/SNFO it really doesn't make a difference.

If your son's OR is telling you he won't submit until October, he is likely doing that because his NRD has met their manning goals for SNA/SNFO for 2016 and is waiting for the new FY to start so that your son can be counted for next year, since there is no bonus for being over your goal. A bunch of applicants run into this issue as we get nearer to October and frankly I think it's a load of BS, but I'll defer to @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec as to what the best course of action would be.

Ok thank you for that information...

Mandy Smith

Ok. I
Thank you for clearing that up..sure appreciate that information. Sometimes his OR is hard to get in touch with. And he really hasn't known the questions to ask. But this board is a wealth of information. Thanks again

Another question... If that is what you think has happened, will taking the ASTB again better his chances when it comes October?

So more or less this is a recruiter quota? He has that control? or it is part of the whole picture?

Thanks again