• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

USNAVY

I'm honestly very excited to be affiliated with the Navy again. I am able to shop at the NEX again! I picked up one set of khakis and NWU III working uniform and other miscellaneous items. Looking forward to dropping my civilian insurance and saving some $$$ and getting to travel again. Question: Do any of you guys keep your civil insurance or just go with Tricare?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Question: Do any of you guys keep your civil insurance or just go with Tricare?

Tricare Reserve Select saves me about $200-250/month over my civilian employers plan. I just called all my providers (wife/kids, etc) and made sure they accepted Tricare, only 1 didn't accept it.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Very long process, educational, and had high hopes. Just found out I will not be able to continue... failed the hearing test by 5db in the left ear. Limit at 4K is 55db and I’m at 60db. Was denied a waiver, therefore I can’t get the N33.

Very sorry to hear that. :( If a retest isn't possible, I'm wishing you all the best.

As noted, Coast Guard and Air Force are options. One thing to certainly ask the AF and AF Reserve is when they plan to send civilians to OTS again for [most] non-rated officer AFSCs. Last I was communicating with them (early-mid 2018), they were telling me something about having to wait until some point in 2020. No idea if that's still in effect.

I'm honestly very excited to be affiliated with the Navy again. I am able to shop at the NEX again! I picked up one set of khakis and NWU III working uniform and other miscellaneous items. Looking forward to dropping my civilian insurance and saving some $$$ and getting to travel again. Question: Do any of you guys keep your civil insurance or just go with Tricare?

My company's healthcare plan has been steadily worsening each year, but it's still better than the reserve TRICARE insurance. If it gets worse, or I decide to go freelancing or into the small business or startup world, I'll go with TRICARE.

USNAVY

Very sorry to hear that. :( If a retest isn't possible, I'm wishing you all the best.

As noted, Coast Guard and Air Force are options. One thing to certainly ask the AF and AF Reserve is when they plan to send civilians to OTS again for [most] non-rated officer AFSCs. Last I was communicating with them (early-mid 2018), they were telling me something about having to wait until some point in 2020. No idea if that's still in effect.

My company's healthcare plan has been steadily worsening each year, but it's still better than the reserve TRICARE insurance. If it gets worse, or I decide to go freelancing or into the small business or startup world, I'll go with TRICARE.
Sounds good. I am currently not married so I will just go with the TRICARE and save some money.

bryanteagle6

I have received my welcome aboard email and will do INDOC next weekend. I have not gotten in DEERS yet, so I guess I'll play the CAC game by ear. My first drill with my unit will be in March and have been in contact with the ADMIN officer that has been great at responding to emails/txts. Anyone else still waiting patiently?!

Reservist

Intelligence Officer
I have received my welcome aboard email and will do INDOC next weekend. I have not gotten in DEERS yet, so I guess I'll play the CAC game by ear. My first drill with my unit will be in March and have been in contact with the ADMIN officer that has been great at responding to emails/txts. Anyone else still waiting patiently?!

Glad to hear you finally got things moving! I figured I was not the last one, but I'm still waiting too. I drill because I'm enlisted. But I'm waiting for a release from my enlistment! Thanks for chiming in. I was hoping I was not the only one waiting.

Good luck - at some point our little September Fellow Selects should start a private board to bounce things around.

bryanteagle6

I know of at least one other enlisted sailor that is waiting for the actual commission still. I figured we could use this thread as a way to stay connected and anyone else that didn't want to get the notifications would just stop watching the thread. If you wanted to start a private thread - I'd join

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Glad to hear you finally got things moving! I figured I was not the last one, but I'm still waiting too. I drill because I'm enlisted. But I'm waiting for a release from my enlistment! Thanks for chiming in. I was hoping I was not the only one waiting.

Good luck - at some point our little September Fellow Selects should start a private board to bounce things around.
Ha, I went to INDOC last weekend and ended up getting rerouted to the DIVOLC course. Its all good, just ended up pushing INDOC back a month..

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Ha, I went to INDOC last weekend and ended up getting rerouted to the DIVOLC course. Its all good, just ended up pushing INDOC back a month..
The crazy part is I wanted to do INDOC, but went where I was told to go. Don't know if this helps or hurts, but I planned to go to this course like a year or two from now. I guess that's what I get for planning.