• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

Igloojam

pilot
I’m willing to bet you were the guy who was impatient and that guy who if a recruiter doesn’t call or email back within 5 minutes something is "definitely wrong". I know there are some bad recruiters out there, but saying you went through several is very construed and likely either exaggerated at best.

Ya definitely not the "impatient if no call in 5 minutes"-guy... My ordeal with recruiters began when I tried joining the Air Force out of high school. I wasn't a turd recruit. Aced the ASVAB and physically fit. I told the recruiter back then I wanted a specific job(loadmaster/aerial gunner). Constantly gave me the runaround. He continually kept pushing me towards other stuff and surprise... his communication was terrible... I ended up not going through with it after the wise advice of a 1 star I used to cut lawns for. Went to college instead, grabbed a degree, then entered the workforce. Hated my job so I went back to a recruiter... this time Marines. I told him I wanted this job, and to leave on this date. I aced the IST and was a solid recruit. Again... trying to play games with me on leave date. He must have forgotten I was 23 with a college degree who was a working professional. The dude was practically my peer in age and pay. I got what I wanted after the Gunny at the station picked me up. Did my time, then came back for grad school where I spoke to the navy OR and Marine OSO to become a pilot. I went with Navy and had an LT for a recruiter and he wasn't that bad, but still a lot of... "when are you going to call me to let me know if I was selected?". It was annoying. In all that's about 4 recruiters. Quite frankly after being enlisted in the Marine Corps and hearing horror stories from other young/naive recruits, I will always err on the side of caution with recruiters. My wife and I are 30, with a kid, and about to PCS to a new squadron. Whether or not she gets selected is going to determine how I rack and stack my duty station/platform for the detailer. That list is due Monday. Can the navy not switch to online application system where the applicant can see fairly immediately if they get selected? I find it Ironic that I've already received 2 pm's asking for the list when I get it. Looks like I'm not the only one.

Igloojam

pilot
To everyone here pm-ing. I do not have the letter yet. If I get it I'll be sure to pm those who requested it. That being said. Still looking for that kind soul to drop the letter on here.

beckstcw

Told I was selected for Intel by my OR. No additional info on numbers or statistics. I can post my general profile if you guys want.

-PoliSci BA, will graduate with MA in Dec.
-10 years enlisted Army Reserve intel.
- Some advanced/unique intel schools and certifications.
-Current GS federal civilian at an agency in DC.
-3/3 in two strategic needs languages, 1/1+ in another.
- LORs were from O6+ who have all worked directly with me in the past.

beckstcw

Not entirely a lurker, I was on earlier in this thread being confused about the dates ;)

I'll ask for stats on Monday.

Tar Heel

Congrats, beckstcw!

It’s good to see that at least one OR is approaching this with a sense of urgency in terms of delivering this important news. How is it that some recruiters are in the know and others aren’t? Still nothing from my recruiter. He said he would check with his OPO (I don’t know what that stands for) Monday afternoon. What? I mean, what does it take, a whole 60 seconds for these guys to check the list? Call me crazy, but I feel like checking the list and delivering the news should be near the top of their list of priorities as ORs. He wants to check when it’s convenient for him to do so...when he gets around to it, like I mentioned in a previous post.

USNAVY

Told I was selected for Intel by my OR. No additional info on numbers or statistics. I can post my general profile if you guys want.

No masters degree and selected, very interesting. Congrats

MTRIO

Congrats, beckstcw!

It’s good to see that at least one OR is approaching this with a sense of urgency in terms of delivering this important news. How is it that some recruiters are in the know and others aren’t? Still nothing from my recruiter. He said he would check with his OPO (I don’t know what that stands for) Monday afternoon. What? I mean, what does it take, a whole 60 seconds for these guys to check the list? Call me crazy, but I feel like checking the list and delivering the news should be near the top of their list of priorities as ORs. He wants to check when it’s convenient for him to do so...when he gets around to it, like I mentioned in a previous post.

Anybody out on the east coast determined if results are out or not?

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
No masters degree and selected, very interesting. Congrats
Masters degree is not a hard-line requirement when you have other compelling qualifications, which it seems the OP does indeed have for DCO select purposes.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor

Congrats.