• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

bryanteagle6

Alright dudes... results are out... who’s got the selection letter with the names?

It doesnt really work that way. Unless you know someone on the inside, you wont find out that way. It is a professional courtesy to give your recruiter time to have the privilege to let you know of your selection. It is a win for them as well.
It is hard sometimes, but try to be patient. Most likely youll get a call monday or tuesday.

Im hoping ill get a call from someone and not fall through the cracks until mid OCT. I also dont want to bother my OR on his much deserved leave.

Igloojam

pilot
Sounds like your wife should contact her OR for that - just like everyone else.

Would totally do that but it took my wife’s recruiter a little over 2 weeks to break the news after she tried contacting her. Luckily some special soul on this wonderful forum just sent me the letter a few days after the results came out and I was able to tell my wife.

Igloojam

pilot
It doesnt really work that way. Unless you know someone on the inside, you wont find out that way. It is a professional courtesy to give your recruiter time to have the privilege to let you know of your selection. It is a win for them as well.
It is hard sometimes, but try to be patient. Most likely youll get a call monday or tuesday.

Im hoping ill get a call from someone and not fall through the cracks until mid OCT. I also dont want to bother my OR on his much deserved leave.

Some guy on here had his recruiter send him the letter and he hooked it up here. The letting your recruiter give you the news is touching, but I’ve had several recruiters over the year and after going to Bootcamp/OCS I didn’t say one word to them.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Some guy on here had his recruiter send him the letter and he hooked it up here. The letting your recruiter give you the news is touching, but I’ve had several recruiters over the year and after going to Bootcamp/OCS I didn’t say one word to them.

I’m willing to bet you were the guy who was impatient and that guy who if a recruiter doesn’t call or email back within 5 minutes something is "definitely wrong". I know there are some bad recruiters out there, but saying you went through several is very construed and likely either exaggerated at best.

bryanteagle6

Ive had 8 recruiters over the years and never kept one longer then 9 mos. The always retire or change areas! Ha
But unless they totally pulled the wool over my eyes, have all been pretty solid and fairly quick on getting back with me.

Of course ive never had one take a two week leave on the day the results are released. Ha!

It will be a "long" weekend but we should be good to go on monday or tuesday

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Ive had 8 recruiters over the years and never kept one longer then 9 mos. The always retire or change areas! Ha
But unless they totally pulled the wool over my eyes, have all been pretty solid and fairly quick on getting back with me.

Of course ive never had one take a two week leave on the day the results are released. Ha!

It will be a "long" weekend but we should be good to go on monday or tuesday

Just kick back, gulp a few Sculpins, and the weekend will pass by in no time. ;)

MTRIO

You can’t wait 1-2 business days for your OR to call and deliver the news?
Hello all, I’m a little late on this. I think the results have been released on the West Coast only? Or maybe I’m wrong, spoke to my OR today and he didn’t get anything.

jagM3

You can’t wait 1-2 business days for your OR to call and deliver the news?
I was selected years ago. Trying to help out a family member whose recruiter is on leave for the next two weeks. And I must say, the recruiter has been absolutely terrible and will probably somehow find a way to lose the letter before even making their notifications, while simultaneously lying and saying "it'll be a few more weeks."

Is the letter posted on Navy Reserve Homeport? I can't find it. Thanks.

Tar Heel

The anxiety expressed by folks here is totally understandable. If the information is available and accessible somehow, I don’t see the benefit of waiting for a recruiter to tell us. This is potentially life changing news for the applicants, not so much for the recruiters, and I’d rather not wait until it’s convenient for my recruiter to tell me. I imagine most applicants would agree...that just seems like human nature to me.

jagM3

The anxiety expressed by folks here is totally understandable. If the information is available and accessible somehow, I don’t see the benefit of waiting for a recruiter to tell us. This is potentially life changing news for the applicants, not so much for the recruiters, and I’d rather not wait until it’s convenient for my recruiter to tell me. I imagine most applicants would agree...that just seems like human nature to me.

As a Naval Officer, I completely agree with you.

bryanteagle6

I do know that atleast in Ohio, friday is the NRD training day and the recruiters are all over the place. Even if my recruiter was in town, he would have been training and not checking the sites at the end of the day. Thursday would have been better!

The west has 3 more hours in the work day to see the results after they have been posted!

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

I like what the EDO community does, where the director of recruiting sends emails to the selectees. This way there's no total dependency on the OR as a middleman. I actually was told I got selected from him before I heard it from my OR. Maybe it would be helpful for the IWC to do similar?