• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

bryanteagle6

yikes - 152! That does seem high - but whatever the needs are! If they really select a high number and there really is lower numbers at this board, it sounds like it is time to hang it up!! ha

bryanteagle6

Wonder how many packages were submitted for Sep and how many 1835 they selected for Sep? Thoughts?

K - just shared thoughts.

No one knows how many packages were sent to the board. I has told that the numbers sent to the board will be lower than normal. I do know that my NRD had a "list" of possible packages to send and only sent the top couple. My guess is only the packages that had time to have "significant changes/improvements" in the 6 months from the last board were sent?!

Khe shared the speculated numbers that he/she had heard above. I haven't heard anything about billets. I was told by my recruiter that the selection rate will be "way higher" this time. (he threw out 70%) I immediately decided to not believe that stat until i see it!

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I think I said before they were expecting 16 IP. 15 CW and a massive 152 Intel. But those numbers are skewed and are for the next 2-3 boards combined. Do not quote me on those numbers they either, that's like 3rd hand information. However, with the limited amount of applicants this board your chances in my humble and personal opinion are higher on this board than the last 3.
152 INTEL selects seems high given the last abysmal O4 board (67% select rate for O4), which included some 2xFOS (2 times failed to select).

bryanteagle6

70% selection rate, no way, that can't be real? Seriously?

Like i said - i didn't believe it either.

152 INTEL selects seems high given the last abysmal O4 board (67% select rate for O4), which included some 2xFOS (2 times failed to select).

150 selects over the next 3 boards makes more sense but still high. I don't like that % - was that for all IWC or just INTEL. We will find out soon and stop the guessing game.

MTRIO

You never know with this stuff it's like a maze. I do know, this time go around appears to be a quite unique board. I trust it all works out in everyone's favor.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

My guess is only the packages that had time to have "significant changes/improvements" in the 6 months from the last board were sent?!

I was told by my recruiter that the selection rate will be "way higher" this time. (he threw out 70%) I immediately decided to not believe that stat until i see it!

What kind of information are you getting? I'm becoming slightly concerned this isn't the only questionable info/speculation you've received, but at least your package made it to the board and hopefully there are no issues. I learned these DCO applications are all about covering all the bases. At least on the EDO DCO side, you'd be surprised with a few of the things you could get disqualified/rejected for (almost got hit with one myself had I not accounted for it), and yet it's nowhere near as hair-splitting as the IWC boards. Good luck.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I don't like that % - was that for all IWC or just INTEL.
Promotion rates to O4 for INTEL have been sucking the last few years. Less than 50% of those In Zone will be selected. People with MOB's are getting passed over. Below are the stats from the last few boards, all stats are here, I encourage people to read these so they know what they need to do to get promoted. Community briefs are here.

FY19 Board: 19/44 Above Zone selects (43.18%), and 46/108 In Zone Selects (42.59%), overall 60% select rate.

FY18 Board: 29/80 Above Zone selects (36.35%), and 45/111 In Zone Selects (40.54%), overall 67% select rate.

FY17 Board: 26/67 Above Zone selects (38.81%), and 57/127 In Zone Selects (44.88%), overall 65% select rate.

FY16 Board: 19/68 Above Zone selects (27.94%), and 39/90 In Zone Selects (43.33%), overall 64% select rate.

Pisses me off because nobody really talks about this stuff with JO's. All you hear from leadership is "get qualified, get your IDWO, be ready to MOB."

Same ole sh*t.

Last edited:

USNAVY

K - just shared thoughts.

No one knows how many packages were sent to the board. I has told that the numbers sent to the board will be lower than normal. I do know that my NRD had a "list" of possible packages to send and only sent the top couple. My guess is only the packages that had time to have "significant changes/improvements" in the 6 months from the last board were sent?!

Khe shared the speculated numbers that he/she had heard above. I haven't heard anything about billets. I was told by my recruiter that the selection rate will be "way higher" this time. (he threw out 70%) I immediately decided to not believe that stat until i see it!
This may actually be true, if for example, say they only had 80 or so kits submitted for this board and select around 50 then that would actually make sense. I echo the fact that my NRD only submitted few a kits according to the processor. From what I'm hearing on this thread not many kits were submitted/people interviewed from the other NRDs for September.

bryanteagle6

Promotion rates to O4 for INTEL have been sucking the last few years. Less than 50% of those In Zone will be selected. People with MOB's are getting passed over. Below are the stats from the last few boards, all stats are here, I encourage people to read these so they know what they need to do to get promoted. Community briefs are here.

great info bubble!! thanks.

i don't think I need to get into all the other stuff because it is all hearsay on my end - and we should start getting the real information any day now.

I hope we get the info soon, because my recruiter is taking leave and then ill be in recruiter purgatory until he returns! ha

great info bubble!! thanks.

i don't think I need to get into all the other stuff because it is all hearsay on my end - and we should start getting the real information any day now.

I hope we get the info soon, because my recruiter is taking leave and then ill be in recruiter purgatory until he returns! ha

Last edited:

Tar Heel

Hey guys, I’m new here and recently found out about this forum. Happy to be a part of the discussion!

I applied for the September IWC board as well. My recruiter did tell me that the board did not receive many kits this time, but he has not offered any additional information regarding potential selection rates or ballpark number of applicants that will be selected. I know that most of the information you guys are sharing is second and third hand, but I do appreciate you all sharing your thoughts and what you’ve heard.

And for the record, my recruiter told me that we won’t know the results until mid-October…maybe he just said that so I wouldn’t be texting him every day about the results or to give himself more time to tell me, who knows. I do think it’s interesting that he told me that but you all seem to think we will get results any day now. I hope you all are right because the waiting kind of sucks. Anyway, good luck everyone!

khestergk

@Tar Heel

The last 2 boards I found out 9 days after the selection board date. Yesterday was day 9, that doesn't mean it won't take longer this time round it just means I personally expect to hear something by Friday.

bryanteagle6

And for the record, my recruiter told me that we won’t know the results until mid-October

All that is good to hear.
I have been around these boards for a while and the results have come out about now, every board. However, this is a unique board and maybe, as they say, "times are a changing."
I did hear on good authority that "we should find out soon and normally it is a month to scrub the list and get the results out."

(i dont know what soon is or what scrub the list is)

bryanteagle6

Since my recruiter is going on leave, I asked him if I will have a different contact while he was away or would I have to just wait until he gets back from leave.

HA - This is my exact txt I received from my recruiter today.

"The board, will meet in Oct, so we should have results by the end of Nov."

I responded with: oh, i thought the board met last week?

i didn't get a response back.

Ive decided to just patiently wait this one out, crew! ha