• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

khestergk

I was just informed the total number of IP slots is now 12. I assume this is because the board is supporting FY19/20 and most likely March will take the remaining with Next September having the remains of that number plus additional numbers from FY21?

USNAVY

I was just informed the total number of IP slots is now 12. I assume this is because the board is supporting FY19/20 and most likely March will take the remaining with Next September having the remains of that number plus additional numbers from FY21?
Call me crazy, but they may decide to select more IWC DCO officers because of the new Officer promotion overhaul the USN is currently putting into place.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Call me crazy, but they may decide to select more IWC DCO officers because of the new Officer promotion overhaul the USN is currently putting into place.

Think about it. They're loosening up "up and out" so more officers can stay in. They're making it easier for reserve officers to jump right in to active duty. They're making the TIS requirements more flexible so competent officers have an easier time moving up rather than sitting around frustrated that they're busting tail and moving mountains for literally no benefit or incentive. All of that points to it being harder for new officers to get in across the board.

However, if President Trump and General Mattis are successful in substantially expanding the Navy as they are planning to do, then there will certainly be a lot more openings available then, but that's a different set of policies.

USNAVY

No. The new system is designed to promote officer retention. That means fewer vacancies.
I read on navy times they were looking at brining in more DCOs.
Think about it. They're loosening up "up and out" so more officers can stay in. They're making it easier for reserve officers to jump right in to active duty. They're making the TIS requirements more flexible so competent officers have an easier time moving up rather than sitting around frustrated that they're busting tail and moving mountains for literally no benefit or incentive. All of that points to it being harder for new officers to get in across the board.

However, if President Trump and General Mattis are successful in substantially expanding the Navy as they are planning to do, then there will certainly be a lot more openings available then, but that's a different set of policies.
I read on navy times they were looking to bring in more officers including DCOs unless I missed something