• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 February 2013

Lindy

Congrats. My two cents:
-Learn how to polish shoes well.
-Don't freak out about memorizing the gouge pack completely, you'll have lots of time to look at it. And look at it. Trust me.
-Don't bring a giagantic bag full of irons, goo gone and all that extra stuff. They take care of you and make sure you have the tools you need to excel at RLP. Less is more.
-Be scoring over a 70 on the PFA. Run a mock one two or three times. You can roll on the IST but it's not graded.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Congrats. My two cents:
-Learn how to polish shoes well.
-Don't freak out about memorizing the gouge pack completely, you'll have lots of time to look at it. And look at it. Trust me.
-Don't bring a giagantic bag full of irons, goo gone and all that extra stuff. They take care of you and make sure you have the tools you need to excel at RLP. Less is more.
-Be scoring over a 70 on the PFA. Run a mock one two or three times. You can roll on the IST but it's not graded.

I've looked around and am not sure which is current—is the first PFA in week 1, or week 4? I want to get my run time up from where it is now, and I know I'd definitely hit it better at week 4, but whatever, gotta make it happen somehow.

zianac

Extra awesome
None
From what I've read, we have something at week one, but if you fail, you won't roll. You'll just have to wear an orange belt. The in-prt is week 3. I think :)

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
From what I've read, we have something at week one, but if you fail, you won't roll. You'll just have to wear an orange belt. The in-prt is week 3. I think :)

That orange belt sounds more ominous than rolling :eek:

scubasteve38

Things may have changed since I went some months ago but this is how it was when I was there:
- IST on the first week, you just have to finish running the mile and a half to not get rolled so don't stop. If you fail the other events its the orange belt
- In-PFA usually the end of the 3rd week must get satisfactory or better, and this is rollable
-Mid PFA end of 5th week usually and must get a satisfactory or better, this is not rollable
- Out PFA end of 8th week got to get a good or better, if you don't you'll go to a Performance Review Board and they will decide your fate

scubasteve38

I know you all got those little booklets with all the gouge and information on OCS from your OR, but when you get there look at appendix B in the Officer Candidate Regulations, it's where you'll find all the gouge you need to know. There is going to be some differences in gouge between that booklet and the OCR, always go with the OCR. That thing is your bible at OCS, most of the answers to your questions can be found in it.

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
Whatever you do, don't be one of those people to set your polish on fire...lol it's all about a cut up T-shirt, little swirls, and a lot of spit. Guaranteed glassy finish.

I must say, I have always been a polish burner and it has always worked for me! ;)

AllYourBass

pilot
Things may have changed since I went some months ago but this is how it was when I was there:
- IST on the first week, you just have to finish running the mile and a half to not get rolled so don't stop. If you fail the other events its the orange belt

Is there a standard you should reach for the IST's mile and a half? I'm a bit concerned I didn't give myself enough time to get my run up as fast as it should be, but I feel like the first three weeks of OCS will definitely boost me the rest of the way. If it's just a matter of finishing without stopping, that's not a problem :D

Is there a standard you should reach for the IST's mile and a half? I'm a bit concerned I didn't give myself enough time to get my run up as fast as it should be, but I feel like the first three weeks of OCS will definitely boost me the rest of the way. If it's just a matter of finishing without stopping, that's not a problem :D

You would have to be embarassingly out of shape not to pass the run. I'm not saying that to lull you into thinking you'll be okay, but rather if you think you aren't going to pass the run you really ought to be considering some lifestyle changes.

AllYourBass

pilot
You would have to be embarassingly out of shape not to pass the run. I'm not saying that to lull you into thinking you'll be okay, but rather if you think you aren't going to pass the run you really ought to be considering some lifestyle changes.

Then I should be just fine. Thanks!

Dominic Truehart

Final Select SNFO
We take the IST on the 2nd or 3rd day there (after everyone gets through medical) and if you fail the IST you roll to "H-Company" until you can meet the minimums for the IST. The In-PFA is week 3, Mid-PFA week 6, and Out-PFA week 9.