• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16 FEB Class

Rockygutz

Thought I would start a thread for this class. I'm not driving out there so it would be great to get hook up with some one. I'm also prior enlisted and concerned about bringing a full sea bag. Are they serious? I haven't had a full sea bag since boot camp. Will they give us new stuff when we get there?

badger16

None
Hey man, good to meet you. I'm also heading to Newport on the 16th. I can't answer your question though since I'm a non prior. I am however driving, so if anyone on here is looking for a little space to stash some stuff just PM me and we can figure something out.

Also there is a thread on www.usnavyocs.com if you want to check it out as well.

Cheers.

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
our ocs date is coming so soon! when are you guys getting to Newport? we should meet up. PM me if you haven't already, lets talk.

wannabe1

Almost here gentlemen. Currently running 3 miles a day M-F at a pace of anywhere between 7-8 minutes. Oh, and doing pushups and curls. Do y'all think I'm overdoing it on the running? Is that something we can expect to be doing at OCS?

shotcalla10

what percent of RL officers get jets?
I say if your body can handle it, go for it but don't do anything to risk injury. You're probably in 10 times better shape than I am. I'm still taking it fairly easy with running because i had tendonitis before and it comes back here and there so be sure to stay healthy. but keep up the good work bro.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Building a good endurance is something not usually mentioned. OCS "PT" sessions can last hours sometimes and it helps to be able to go a long time.

badger16

None
I heard nothing more then 3.1 miles or something. Since it will be cold when we start I'm expecting more sprints then distance. I'm doing 3 miles on MWF and sprints on T TH and then a 2 miles easy run on Saturday. On the days I do sprints I do a 1.5 mile (prt test) in the afternoon. Did a 9:35 today! Still need work on my push-ups though. I take my pre OCS PRT next Wednesday and after that i'm just going to go to 3 miles MWF and sprints T TH SAT for the last week and a half or so. then run like a 2 or 3 miler a day or two before OCS starts, to try and lay off the week of, but not too much.Good luck!

Reactions: Tom

Tom

pilot
Contributor
If you keep pulling those running times in OCS you will be at the top of your class in running (good place to be).

badger16

None
If you keep pulling those running times in OCS you will be at the top of your class in running (good place to be).

No Shit? I was sure I would have to be below a 9 to even sniff the top. Good to know. Thanks. Still a few weeks to get better though!

Tom

pilot
Contributor
No Shit? I was sure I would have to be below a 9 to even sniff the top. Good to know. Thanks. Still a few weeks to get better though!
At the top and being the top are two different things. You'll be fine.