• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2017 SWO Board

jkrambler

Hello everyone, a little late cuz I just graduate and was traveling with my family. I was picked up on the May 15th board. So I am excited to go and like many of you just waiting for my final letter and paperwork to be finished. Its taking forever, and I was really hoping to go to OCS this summer, but it looks like I may not go til August, Sept, or possibly October. Such a long wait! I wish it would move faster and sitting at home is not as fun as starting a new career. Congrats to everyone else picked up and looking forward to meeting you hopefully!

Ace4Life

I got the phone call from Millington, TN. They put me in the August 6th class up date. My command received my orders about 15 mins after I got the phone call. I was on leave driving a boat when they called me. Made my vacation even greater! Graduation date is October 27th.

Hope to see some of you all there!

kshimmy1

My OR said perhaps they have a backlog of SWOs trying to get into OCS. He has another guy slated for the February class. I recall @NavyOffRec saying that once the OCS fiscal year quota is reached for a specific designator then the remaining pro rec'd applicants for that year will be sent to classes the next fiscal year.

Shamgar

My OR said perhaps they have a backlog of SWOs trying to get into OCS. He has another guy slated for the February class. I recall @NavyOffRec saying that once the OCS fiscal year quota is reached for a specific designator then the remaining pro rec'd applicants for that year will be sent to classes the next fiscal year.
That is what I figured it was. Thank you.

exNavyOffRec

People that started going to OCS in July are for FY 18, we have reached the next FY

SeaReaver

I was just notified by my OR that my tentative OCS date is October 29 and that the FINSEL letter should be coming in any day now.
Congratulations! Also, do you know how your recruiter found out your tentative date? Or is the tentative date your recruiter's educated guess?

kshimmy1

Congratulations! Also, do you know how your recruiter found out your tentative date? Or is the tentative date your recruiter's educated guess?
Thank you! Despite it being a long way off it's nice to know that I have a date set. My OR was notified by the NRD.

Jun Chen

Just got off the phone with the recruiter, he said that the processor is pushing to get me slated for the July 27th class. Fingers crossed!

Jun Chen

I don't think there is a class for 27 JUL 17
For sure, that's what the OR said. He mentioned that the 16JUL17 class is overbooked by 3 candidates. August classes were blocked off for "Critical+Needs-of-the-Navy+Hot-fill" communities.