• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2017 SWO Board

tcc8988

If my FINSEL letter doesn't come in the next two weeks I'm calling my recruiter and threatening to kill myself if he doesn't have one for me by the end of the day. Hopefully this will apply a little pressure and we can get the ball rolling.

Usually end of year classes (i.e. 12, 13, 14, 15) are small due to money issues. In 2016 13-16 was under 55 before rollin-ins, 14-16 was like 50 people after roll-ins, and 15-16 was like 40 or less. I remember that I remember that 13-16 as a candio class averaged like 3-4 hours of sleep a night because we were stretched so thin with regimental billet bullshit, and 14-16 didn't even have enough people to fill every required 'billet' and had to double people up.

Then you have 16 and 17 (who I'm pretty sure show up in July) which tend to be full of nothing but nukes. I think all but maybe 6 out of 90+ people in 16-16 were nukes. I'd expect you all to not get final select / OCS dates until next fiscal year, and probably at least a class or two in. The only thing that might save you is how fucked up the pilot pipeline is right now.

Sorry, I know it sucks to wait.

exNavyOffRec

Usually end of year classes (i.e. 12, 13, 14, 15) are small due to money issues. In 2016 13-16 was under 55 before rollin-ins, 14-16 was like 50 people after roll-ins, and 15-16 was like 40 or less. I remember that I remember that 13-16 as a candio class averaged like 3-4 hours of sleep a night because we were stretched so thin with regimental billet bullshit, and 14-16 didn't even have enough people to fill every required 'billet' and had to double people up.

Then you have 16 and 17 (who I'm pretty sure show up in July) which tend to be full of nothing but nukes. I think all but maybe 6 out of 90+ people in 16-16 were nukes. I'd expect you all to not get final select / OCS dates until next fiscal year, and probably at least a class or two in. The only thing that might save you is how fucked up the pilot pipeline is right now.

Sorry, I know it sucks to wait.

It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with how many spots they have for commissioning that FY, if they have the number of SWO's or any other designator they need for that FY then they won't send any more to OCS until the next FY classes start. If the goal is 150 SWO's and if they have 152 that have been through or are in OCS by May then no more should be going. I have seen SWO's specifically been held from going to OCS for several months because of this.

Have any non priors received their FINSEL yet?

Nope. My OR said I would should be in the July class, but judging by the rest of the posts in the thread he was BSing me.

As an aside, I've been trying to get ahold of my recruiter since Friday to no avail. How much longer should I try before going over his head? I haven't spoken to him in about a month so I dunno if he's got leave or been transferred or what, but my wife is nagging and the only way I can think of to get her to shut up about it is to get confirmation from someone that all I have left to do is work out and wait for a letter.

@RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec

exNavyOffRec

Nope. My OR said I would should be in the July class, but judging by the rest of the posts in the thread he was BSing me.

As an aside, I've been trying to get ahold of my recruiter since Friday to no avail. How much longer should I try before going over his head? I haven't spoken to him in about a month so I dunno if he's got leave or been transferred or what, but my wife is nagging and the only way I can think of to get her to shut up about it is to get confirmation from someone that all I have left to do is work out and wait for a letter.

@RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec

I wouldn't be to concerned about your OR, give it a few weeks.

The only way to not have a nagging wife is to not have a wife, eventually after being in the USN for a few years you can just say you have "hearing loss" and ignore your wife.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

@RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec

Dude, it's summer, better yet the 4th of July Holiday weekend. He's probably on leave with his family like what most folks do. My office is a ghost town right now and for those who aren't on leave people are punching out for the day after lunch. You'll ship out to OCS just like everyone else who's PROREC'd. As for the OCS classes, your OR has only so much control. If he's an experienced recruiter, he can in fact give you a ballpark month as to when you'll ship, but that doesn't take into account other circumstances that are out of his hands. Stop with the BS accusation because he wasn't. Did you notice he said "should"? That does equate to "will" or "must", just a timeframe on when you might be going out to OCS.

Lastly, I'm sure your wife is a great person, but you need to have the talk right now about the Navy way of life. Especially in flight school you might not know your next duty station as soon as just a few days or weeks out. Tell her to be flexible and when the time comes she will know. If not, you two could potentially run into trouble down the road.