• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 May 2017 SWO Board

SeaReaver

I was bored so I decided to start a spreadsheet with the information of the people who have checked in to this thread. There are only 13 of us, so there's no point in trying to use fancy statistics, but I thought some of you might find it interesting. All of the information used to make this spreadsheet is publicly available in the users' profiles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/122wiSFUQtZ_o3QhSjFOyb2YfZghoVn26AXABrrR9ovY/edit?usp=sharing

Interesting facts about our small sample:
1) Of the 13 subjects 4 posses competitive scores in both OAR and GPA
2) Of the 13 subjects 6 posses a competitive GPA
3) Of the 13 subjects 7 posses a competitive OAR
4) Of the 13 subjects 3 have had prior military service
5) The mean age is 23.86, the median age is 24, the mode ages are 24 and 21, the oldest subject is 28, the youngest subjects are 21
6) Of the 13 subjects 2 are female

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
You have a tattoo that says "dyspepsia" on it? That's what it says on your signature...

8a857221b438bdbae6c27f4038f7372103a4c61eb5e2e4e74259b753d99786c1.jpg

I'm sure the board won't care as long as you can pass the PRT and have a twinkle in your eye. lol. Stay young at heart. :D

Hahaha. Oh yes, not a problem. :cool:

Robiedog

Hey everyone. Checking in for this board.

Was X'd for NFO due to being 27. My recruiter is trying to waiver me but after some research, I really like what I see about the SWO community. My recruiter tells me I'm already on this board, but I hope there's still a chance to list SWO higher on my top five. I thought I'd put it last and my recruiter says it doesn't matter but I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Anyway, it's been a crazy and long process, but I hope this board is the one and I hope to see you all in Newport!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone. Checking in for this board.

Was X'd for NFO due to being 27. My recruiter is trying to waiver me but after some research, I really like what I see about the SWO community. My recruiter tells me I'm already on this board, but I hope there's still a chance to list SWO higher on my top five. I thought I'd put it last and my recruiter says it doesn't matter but I'm inclined to believe otherwise.

Anyway, it's been a crazy and long process, but I hope this board is the one and I hope to see you all in Newport!

You'll automatically won't be considered if SWO is your third or beyond choice. SWO can only be first or second.

Robiedog

You'll automatically won't be considered if SWO is your third or beyond choice. SWO can only be first or second.

That's what I thought.
I really have no idea what my recruiter did but since the deadline isn't for a bit, there should be time to figure it out and make sure it was done right. Hope to do just that next week.

UTCS

Well Rufio..I guess this is half the answer. This is the next board and assuming the others as in late MAR and APR have been rolled to this. If someone was PROREC N on the last board will they be included on this next one? Asking for knowledge to assist another. UTCS SCW/FMF

exNavyOffRec

Well Rufio..I guess this is half the answer. This is the next board and assuming the others as in late MAR and APR have been rolled to this. If someone was PROREC N on the last board will they be included on this next one? Asking for knowledge to assist another. UTCS SCW/FMF

If a person was pro N on a previous board they need to complete a new application in order to apply to another board, and there is generally a 6 month wait

Robiedog

If a person was pro N on a previous board they need to complete a new application in order to apply to another board, and there is generally a 6 month wait

I've got one for ya, if you've got a sec.

My recruiter told me the reason my package didn't go to the April 10 NFO board is because of my depth perception, and someone didn't know NFOs don't need 40 arc seconds. I think it's because I'm 27, but after speaking with him twice, he insists that's not the reason. He wants me to redo the depth test and send my package to the next board for SNA.

As for SWO, which I originally listed last but I believe he moved to third, he told me that I was qualified but they didn't need any more SWOs so they banked my application for this SWO board. After researching SWO, I really want it, and want to list it as 1 or 2 for thus board, but when I asked my recruiter to do so before the upcoming deadline, he said "that doesn't matter."

I'm confused because after a lot of research, I'm certain I can't commission as an SNA or NFO because I'm 27 with no prior. I'm also almost certain that the SWO board won't select me unless I list it as 1 or 2.

My question: Why doesn't my recruiter know about these two important things, and what can I do to A) Get him to stop wasting his time trying to submit me for SNA, and B) Make sure my application gets updated to list SWO higher?

jwm90

Coffee > Sleep
I was bored so I decided to start a spreadsheet with the information of the people who have checked in to this thread. There are only 13 of us, so there's no point in trying to use fancy statistics, but I thought some of you might find it interesting. All of the information used to make this spreadsheet is publicly available in the users' profiles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/122wiSFUQtZ_o3QhSjFOyb2YfZghoVn26AXABrrR9ovY/edit?usp=sharing

Interesting facts about our small sample:
1) Of the 13 subjects 4 posses competitive scores in both OAR and GPA
2) Of the 13 subjects 6 posses a competitive GPA
3) Of the 13 subjects 7 posses a competitive OAR
4) Of the 13 subjects 3 have had prior military service
5) The mean age is 23.86, the median age is 24, the mode ages are 24 and 21, the oldest subject is 28, the youngest subjects are 21
6) Of the 13 subjects 2 are female

I'm 26 if you want to add that information to your spreadsheet.

GuamLife1

Just curious does anyone know if earning a "certificate" will be an advantage for OCS board selection? The reason I am asking is I want to push on to the next level but don't want to invest all the way into a Master's because of time and the "not knowing and waiting " factor of being picked up for OCS.

Example: Lets say I don't get picked for a couple of cycles and then don't leave for OCS for sometime, I then could of accomplished something "productive" during that wait time period.