• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14k Solid Gold Wings?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Pure gold is 24K. Solid gold just means that it is solid gold and not plated.
It may be solid, but it ain't all gold. Semantics, but I'll stipulate. I don't think there's much utility in 24K wings anyway, unless you are mounting them in a frame or something as a wall-hanging.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It may be solid, but it ain't all gold. Semantics, but I'll stipulate. I don't think there's much utility in 24K wings anyway, unless you are mounting them in a frame or something as a wall-hanging.

Semantically, he's correct. Those are specific terms used by the industry, and he's using them correctly.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Did you mean digress? You didn't really demand or specify anything. You're only getting shit because you were trying to correct someone else, no one is making fun of you just because you are you (well, at least I'm not...) ;)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Did you mean digress? You didn't really demand or specify anything. You're only getting shit because you were trying to correct someone else, no one is making fun of you just because you are you (well, at least I'm not...) ;)

No I meant stipulate. It's a legal term and it was used correctly, unlike the gold terminology.