• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

Jad4400

That is exciting but very scary :eek:

Indeed, there are quite a few things to figure out.

5e93ae0d7180ca8b95a12a50c7c218c3b4bfbd732df8b7bfe88b49b1cdf240a4.jpg

raven1

I just got my finsel today and am in the January 8th class as well...however I'm 22 and definitely not age critical. I guess I have a month to pack!

jdoubleub

None
I just got my finsel today and am in the January 8th class as well...however I'm 22 and definitely not age critical. I guess I have a month to pack!

As was said for Grizwald - Grats man! We have a fairly active FB group page you should join if you'd like - search "08Jan17 Navy OCS" in FB and it'll come up. If not send me a message and I'll find a way to link it to you.

sabreman

The F-86 is pretty cool
I just.... sorta... got my finsel today. I had to mail something out so assuming it gets to where it's going on time, I'll be shipping out on the 8th of january too.

For now I'll pretend I'm going!

Potatum

I just.... sorta... got my finsel today. I had to mail something out so assuming it gets to where it's going on time, I'll be shipping out on the 8th of january too.

For now I'll pretend I'm going!

What did you have to mail out? Looks like I'm the only Portland NRD left without a FINSEL

sabreman

The F-86 is pretty cool
What did you have to mail out? Looks like I'm the only Portland NRD left without a FINSEL

I was born in Ukraine, so even though I'm fully naturalized and a US citizen, they wanted me to send out an official notice to the Ukrainian embassy denouncing my "citizenship" with them.
I figured it was much, much easier and faster to just do as asked instead of trying to prove that I don't have dual citizenship (apparently lack of Ukrainian passport doesn't count).

My brother and I had issues with this throughout our application processes, so I'm actually happy to finally be done with this once and for all. One less thing to worry about at OCS.

Damn I am jealous. I cannot wait to get out of San Francisco. Sadly no word for me though. Have fun to all of you heading out in few weeks!

TheFlyingViking

Hey everyone!!

My officer recruiter and I are putting together a packet!!
My scores are as follows:
52 OAR
6 AQR
7 PFAR
6 FOFAR

GPA: 2.57 (ABYSMAL)
I have lots of leadership experience being the president of a college men's society and I played varsity sports. I also have lots of volunteer experience plus a few great recommendations! (One from a LCmdr)

The selection boards are in January, and I just wanted to know what the recent chance of getting picked up are!!! I hope the navy starts expanding and we ALL get selected haha!!! :)

jnav3

hmmm apparently a small group was pushed to January boards...heard from my recruiter...also shipping off in January (Age waiver) need to commission by May. Good luck all.

Hello all. Congrats to the selectee's! I discovered this site after this board. I was not selected however, I was not rejected. I was informed that my package was moved up for further review? Has anyone ever heard of this before? I did read on here that someone stated that their recruiter told them that there was a select group that was moved? Any information would be great. Thanks and congrats all!

My application was tabled till January. Good luck everyone!

College/Major/GPA: Florida State University/BA Music/3.25
ASTB: 5/7/6
OAR: 48
MEPS: Cleared

My OR was on leave the entire week you all were hearing about the good news. Just got the call today and I basically got a PROREC MAYBE. My kit's been tabled until the next board on 23 Jan. Good and bad news all in one?

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
Hey everyone!!

My officer recruiter and I are putting together a packet!!
My scores are as follows:
52 OAR
6 AQR
7 PFAR
6 FOFAR

GPA: 2.57 (ABYSMAL)
I have lots of leadership experience being the president of a college men's society and I played varsity sports. I also have lots of volunteer experience plus a few great recommendations! (One from a LCmdr)

The selection boards are in January, and I just wanted to know what the recent chance of getting picked up are!!! I hope the navy starts expanding and we ALL get selected haha!!! :)

It all depends man. It varies from board to board. Yea your GPA is less than great but the Navy tends to look at the "whole person". With that being said I would do what you can to raise it up. There aren't any real magic numbers or sure-fire ways of getting selected.