• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

TangoMic

That is the thing that I really liked about the Marine process...they fly you out to NAMI at NAS Pensacola and each candidate goes through a flight physical over the course of two or three days. My understanding is that you have to get cleared by NAMI before the Marines will even submit your package in front of a board.

Yup, that is exactly how it worked when I was in the program. It was a nice little government paid for vacation to Pensacola for three days! Luckily my brother was in flight school down there so the other candidates and I got to hit the bars on the last night after the physical. I doubt this time will be anything like that haha

exNavyOffRec

Agreed. I'm AF intel (8yr Marine Active) and they (and USN) have pilot shortage. But it is not like the USN cut the quality of applicants - check the board and you can see the scores,GPAs, etc. are competitive with private sector. Just some smart and patriotic folks that want to serve. Semper Fidelis!

These are the same type of numbers that have been selected for OCS for the past 7 years, if there was a shortage they wouldn't have been passing over people for promotion.

exNavyOffRec

Update on numbers
SNA 113 selected 22 not
NFO 120 selected and not totally sure but I think 9 not selected
Hell of a selection rate for this board. I'm gonna assume that's cause there were a lot of top quality candidates.

like most of the boards for SNA and SNFO, the majority of people put both SNA and SNFO and are most of the time selected for both, so many of those who were selected for both will often pick SNA, so many of those picked for NFO will not be filled, but then some SNA's could not be cleared at OCS and then go to the NFO pipeline.

The high selection rate is misleading as you could be led to believe there were 260+ individual people applying, but that isn't the case

Bravo Kilo

Wow, congrats to everyone!

There are so many people who have been picked up for both SNA and SNFO. Is that typical? Do the slots that those people decline roll over to the next board?

Benjamin D.

"Oh that's just Scott...."
Update on numbers
SNA 113 selected 22 not
NFO 120 selected and not totally sure but I think 9 not selected
Hell of a selection rate for this board. I'm gonna assume that's cause there were a lot of top quality candidates.

Damn.... I was one of those 9 people lol

PiperCub49

Pro-Rec Y for SNA as well. I've got a twin brother down in Pensacola now getting his flight hours in IFS. Congratulations to all those who made it happen. To those who didn't, I wish you all the best. My journey was certainly not without its trials and tribulations (read 'failures') and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you have to keep pushing. HARD WORK PAYS OFF.

From what I've read on here and talking to people the flight physical doesn't normally have a huge attrition rate. So I wouldn't worry too much. Plus you can pull up the Navy pdf of the SNA standards online and reference them ahead of time. Seems anthros get most people, but there's nothing you can do about that lol.

AJ18

Hello all. Congrats to the selectee's! I discovered this site after this board. I was not selected however, I was not rejected. I was informed that my package was moved up for further review? Has anyone ever heard of this before? I did read on here that someone stated that their recruiter told them that there was a select group that was moved? Any information would be great. Thanks and congrats all!

AL3X

Hello all. Congrats to the selectee's! I discovered this site after this board. I was not selected however, I was not rejected. I was informed that my package was moved up for further review? Has anyone ever heard of this before? I did read on here that someone stated that their recruiter told them that there was a select group that was moved? Any information would be great. Thanks and congrats all!
My recruiter did inform me that about 10 or so individuals were moved to the January board (the only reason I know that is because a buddy of mine also applied for this board with the same recruiter and he informed me that he was also moved)...im not sure why and apparently an odd thing for them to do....are you prior service? Age waiver? maybe something to do with that? good luck to ya...