• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
Update on numbers
SNA 113 selected 22 not
NFO 120 selected and not totally sure but I think 9 not selected
Hell of a selection rate for this board. I'm gonna assume that's cause there were a lot of top quality candidates.
Not to be a buzzkill, but while we are probably not a bad group of applicants, I assume the economy being relatively alright played a role too. I imagine it would've been harder to get in the door had we been applying in say 2010 for example. So the timing is good.

TangoMic

Not to be a buzzkill, but while we are probably not a bad group of applicants, I assume the economy being relatively alright played a role too. I imagine it would've been harder to get in the door had we been applying in say 2010 for example. So the timing is good.

Or maybe it is the huge pilot shortage in the Navy and AF... "Ours to reason why, ours but to do or die."

SemperFiDay

Or maybe it is the huge pilot shortage in the Navy and AF... "Ours to reason why, ours but to do or die."

Agreed. I'm AF intel (8yr Marine Active) and they (and USN) have pilot shortage. But it is not like the USN cut the quality of applicants - check the board and you can see the scores,GPAs, etc. are competitive with private sector. Just some smart and patriotic folks that want to serve. Semper Fidelis!

AL3X

Update on numbers
SNA 113 selected 22 not
NFO 120 selected and not totally sure but I think 9 not selected
Hell of a selection rate for this board. I'm gonna assume that's cause there were a lot of top quality candidates.

I feel like that's a small number...wait till the flight physicals come along during the first few days of OTS. Then we will see how many are standing. MUWHAHAHA

SemperFiDay

Flight physicals should be done before the FINSEL, no? Wouldn't make much sense doing it at OCS. Possibly at the INDOC school before flight school (after OCS). Shoot, Navy needs SWOs. @RUFiO181 may know more - but I'll guess he'll tell us to ask our Processor/Recruiter haha.

AL3X

That's a negative ghost rider....the Flight Physicals are completed at OTS the first few days....however, in the Chair Force we go to Wright Pat and git'r dun down there before OTS.

SemperFiDay

yay! so excited for sleep deprived flight physical at OCS. Wonder why the AF made me do one before submitting a package for NFO. Time to use the search function to find out what that's all about...what if you fail it? Is it re-designation or the boot?

TangoMic

yay! so excited for sleep deprived flight physical at OCS. Wonder why the AF made me do one before submitting a package for NFO. Time to use the search function to find out what that's all about...what if you fail it? Is it re-designation or the boot?

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on the forum and the answer is "it all depends on the needs of the Navy." If there are SWO (or other job) spots they need filled, they will re-designate.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
Hm. I only applied to SNA and not NFO. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me if I'm medically DQ'd at OCS.

TangoMic

Flight physicals should be done before the FINSEL, no? Wouldn't make much sense doing it at OCS. Possibly at the INDOC school before flight school (after OCS). Shoot, Navy needs SWOs. @RUFiO181 may know more - but I'll guess he'll tell us to ask our Processor/Recruiter haha.

As far as the timing of the flight physical, for the Marines (back when I was in undergrad) we did it before they would give you a flight contract. I have heard from some friends who did Navy flight that they did theirs at the end of OCS during the Candio phase when things not as hectic.

As far as the timing of the flight physical, for the Marines (back when I was in undergrad) we did it before they would give you a flight contract. I have heard from some friends who did Navy flight that they did theirs at the end of OCS during the Candio phase when things not as hectic.

That is the thing that I really liked about the Marine process...they fly you out to NAMI at NAS Pensacola and each candidate goes through a flight physical over the course of two or three days. My understanding is that you have to get cleared by NAMI before the Marines will even submit your package in front of a board.

AL3X

hahaha okay...hear me out, not my words but my commanders when he was so nice to sign my 368...he told me that theres a reason the Navy is a four letter word...lol and that they'll promise you the moon. Be careful folks...read your contracts and there's probably a reason they do the flight physicals there....cuz they gotchya hahaha