• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

raven1

142/175 seems like a lot of pilots. I wonder how many actually make it through the physical/API. I've always heard that Anthro's can be tough to pass.

Buster95

pilot
Feb. 2016 had about 116 applicants
May 2016 had 146 applicants, but didn't accept many.
They realized that they needed more people so that held a board two months after May.
The July 2016 board had about 87 pilot applicants. 72 were selected.

Source: this website haha

TangoMic

Feb. 2016 had about 116 applicants
May 2016 had 146 applicants, but didn't accept many.
They realized that they needed more people so that held a board two months after May.
The July 2016 board had about 87 pilot applicants. 72 were selected.

Source: this website haha

This seems to conflict with what is posted above.

TangoMic

It was posted in the July board thread multiple times when people were finding out their result, so I just assumed that was it.

Well, you might be right.. who knows.

Hopefully our chances are good regardless - I keep hearing about the pilot shortages in the Navy and AF.

lusos

A man's gotta eat
hey guys, since we are all on here anyways..anybody ever get a confirmation from an earlier post on whether or not the board was pushed to today? I asked my recruiters, they heard nothing.

No. my recruiter(no longer recruiting so I'm his only candidate hopeful) says that he doesn't expect anything before thanksgiving. He made a trip to TN last week and says it looks like everyone is already trying to bleed off their PTO before it runs up
Just wondering if anyone has told their employer anything yet? I was going to at least wait until I (hopefully) receive a pro-rec Y, maybe even wait for a FINSEL letter.

I haven't. I work in a company of 22 people, with only 5 in my department. Honestly I feel like my manager wouldn't mind it, but the GM would fire me on the spot just because he would be justified at that point to save cost (we are a good bit behind budget this year).

I'm looking to give a 1 month notice, or maybe a little more. I've been saving aggressively so hopefully I can take a couple of weeks off before OCS and actually have a vacation longer than a weekend for the first time in my life.

chaz2x4

Just wondering if anyone has told their employer anything yet? I was going to at least wait until I (hopefully) receive a pro-rec Y, maybe even wait for a FINSEL letter.

I got my recommendation letters from my managers.

They ask me if I know when I'm leaving every month.