• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Are you referring to my pre commission flight physical? If so I was told that having it included in my packet will help out my chances as the navy doesn't have to waste the money on me after I've already gone to OCS. If what your telling me is they don't see the physical then that would be rather disappointing.

The entire application goes to NRC, only relevant sections are sent to the professional board, and it doesn't save the USN any money, the military doctors get paid whether they are seeing if you are fit for SNA or surfing facebook.

The board has to evaluate you on the potential of being able to pass flight school (and be a USN officer), there are many that can pass a flight physical that would never be able to pass flight school, or even go to a board.

Alex302

The entire application goes to NRC, only relevant sections are sent to the professional board, and it doesn't save the USN any money, the military doctors get paid whether they are seeing if you are fit for SNA or surfing facebook.

The board has to evaluate you on the potential of being able to pass flight school (and be a USN officer), there are many that can pass a flight physical that would never be able to pass flight school, or even go to a board.
Well that sounds fair enough. But disappointing because I was under the impression that the board might see it as a plus since I don't risk being redesignated due to a failed physical.

exNavyOffRec

Well that sounds fair enough. But disappointing because I was under the impression that the board might see it as a plus since I don't risk being redesignated due to a failed physical.

It isn't really a risk to the USN, they need SWO's too....

raven1

Totally random, but what is the most common reason for pushing a board back? Do they do it to allow for last minute applicants or is it more aimed at allowing those already in training more time to get through the pipeline?

jdoubleub

None
Me too. I've reached my bullshit capacity at my current job and I would give me left nut to be out by march.

Definitely, shit filter is full for me too. Staying optimistic for this board, hopefully we all hear something within the next week!

raven1

My recruiter is optimistic and is guessing we'll know by COB Friday...of course nothing is set in stone but I can live with that if its true!

Me too. I've reached my bullshit capacity at my current job and I would give me left nut to be out by march.

If there is one thing Ive learned from this process is your tolerance for bullshit has to be pretty high so you may be out of the frying pan and into the fryer on that regard!

I'm only half joking, but I'm with you guys I hope we hear something soon

chaz2x4

The post distribution of this thread is interesting. ~60 posts within the first 30 days, then half that since Monday.

We can't be THAT anxious, right guys? Right? :confused:

In all seriousness if there's one thing we can get out of this it's patience of steel. And to fly. That'll be cool too

SemperFiDay

The post distribution of this thread is interesting. ~60 posts within the first 30 days, then half that since Monday.

We can't be THAT anxious, right guys? Right? :confused:

In all seriousness if there's one thing we can get out of this it's patience of steel. And to fly. That'll be cool too

Whatever happens, the Navy has some quality applicants by the looks of this site. Unfortunately, we probably are not the bulk of the applicants so we probably will not all get selected but, whomever does, the Navy will be better off no doubt.