• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14 NOV 16 Pilot/NFO Board

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
The black shoe community applicants got their answers from the board pretty quickly it seems like, only 8 days or so. Here's to hoping we get results back that soon!

Potatum

The black shoe community applicants got their answers from the board pretty quickly it seems like, only 8 days or so. Here's to hoping we get results back that soon!

I can wait for results, just as long as it's a fast turn around for FINSEL... One can dream...

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
I can wait for results, just as long as it's a fast turn around for FINSEL... One can dream...
From what I've been able to gather over the years, it's the wild FINSEL that is even more elusive and mysterious in its timing than the PROREC. I guess that one just various more person to person. I agree though, a fast FINSEL would be amazing
From what I've been able to gather over the years, it's the wild FINSEL that is even more elusive and mysterious in its timing than the PROREC. I guess that one just various more person to person. I agree though, a fast FINSEL would be amazing

Potatum

So is the FINSEL just waiting on background and security clearances after the PROREC? I understand the "hurry up and wait," but is there anything you can do to expedite the FINSEL process? Or is it just up to the FINSEL gods who gets theirs first?

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
So is the FINSEL just waiting on background and security clearances after the PROREC? I understand the "hurry up and wait," but is there anything you can do to expedite the FINSEL process? Or is it just up to the FINSEL gods who gets theirs first?
As far as I know, there's nothing you can do but sit and wait. Rufio can give you an official answer but I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

No, it's generally first come first serve with the exception of the age critical folks who need to
Ship out sooner than later. Take a number and wait is the best and really only thing you can do. Start studying and prepping for OCS.

Jad4400

Did the board already meet? I just got a call from my recruiter and she said I was wait-listed to the January board.

Edit* Never mind, turns out it was the SWO board I got wait listed on.

Last edited:
Considering the board will be on the 14th ish, we are either going to get our pro rec's between the 21st-23rd or it will be after the Thanksgiving break. :confused:

lusos

A man's gotta eat
Considering the board will be on the 14th ish, we are either going to get our pro rec's between the 21st-23rd or it will be after the Thanksgiving break. :confused:

Yeah after the last board, the only advice I can give is to be patient and just push the thought out of your mind. There really isn't anything we can do and I have no doubt alot of the sailors over at the various administrative places are burning out their 30 days PTO before they disappear. I wouldn't be surprised if the results go quiet for a couple of weeks.

The only fear I have is being selected and getting some stupid early FINSEL, only to have it sit on an admins desk for the 2+ weeks he/she is gone on holiday cruise, only to give me a ~1 month notice to Newport.

TheZebra

Okay, so I'm new to this. Been in the Navy 9 yrs. Attempting to submit for OCS, first try. Too old for Pilot, trying to go NFO. My package is nearly completed, I just need my CO's endorsment. I've done a lot of searching around the net but it's hard out here on deployment with flaky internet. Could someone help me out and refer me to a page that has the next few board dates for NFO? I'd like to remain hopeful that I can have my stuff submitted by 17NOV, but it's not looking very promising. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Applying for: SNFO
Yrs Active Duty: 9 yrs, 3 mo
GPA: 3.20, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
B.S. Aviation Maintenance.
ASTB: 6/7/6/49
4 LORS: 1 LCDR (HSM-40 Training Officer), 2 CDRs (CO HSM-40, CO USS Nitze), 1 CAPT (Deputy Commodor, HSMWINGLANT).