• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN 1300 GENAV Jobs

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Totally agree - it's VERY rare that a pilot randomly decides to break rules - they do it by degrees, testing the waters.

each time the command doesn't smack em down or, worse, congratulations them for "making it happen," the mishap bucket gets filled a little more.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
When I got my NAMI knockout I was hit with the 1300 designation. My first job was something really stupid at North Island (seriously, like towel boy) but the base commander took pity on me and had me teach some survival stuff along with the old HC-9 people. I eventually ended up on ships doing fun but non-career jobs until I ran out the clock. In fact, I completed most of my in-port and underway SWO qualifications but the Navy was looking to drop people by then.

Looking back I had one opportunity to fly again with the Army National Guard and I should have done it but my (now ex) wife talked me out of it!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think the NSC folks go out of their way to chase down command climate and end up making normal guys in bad spots out to be monsters. At the same time I think bad guys do exist and their poor leadership makes mishaps more likely.

snake020

Contributor
I don't get how an unwinged 130x is still considered URL. I thought the whole URL vs RL thing was about eligibility for command at sea.

Also locks up some billets on the reserve side that otherwise competent folks in the RL communities could do.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I don't get how an unwinged 130x is still considered URL. I thought the whole URL vs RL thing was about eligibility for command at sea.

Also locks up some billets on the reserve side that otherwise competent folks in the RL communities could do.

I think a lot of folks are winged, but are no longer able to fly through loss of medical, voluntary termination of flight status, or a FNAEB took their flight status. Pre-winging, I think they have to go to a POCR board.

I see no reason why a winged guy who just can't fly cannot bounce around 1050 or 13xx jobs that don't require flight status. It's a relatively miserable existence IMO, but it's a paycheck. Same/same for reserve gigs. A 12 year LCDR with staff experience and a TS, but no flight status, would be useful in a lot of places.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Thread Necro for kicks :

I went 1300 for a few months when I dropped my flight status termination letter to redes to FAO before my MSR. By the way, I do not recommend that COA. Your mileage may vary.