• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN 1300 GENAV Jobs

stockluke

Generally speaking, what jobs are available in the Navy that a 1300 GENAV (General Aviation) could fulfill. I've asked a some folk in my squadron and they only know it's not preferred; however, no one has been able to give me explicit examples of these 'undesirable' jobs.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally speaking, what jobs are available in the Navy that a 1300 GENAV (General Aviation) could fulfill. I've asked a some folk in my squadron and they only know it's not preferred; however, no one has been able to give me explicit examples of these 'undesirable' jobs.
In practice it's where you put your very broken toys. It's not a real designator in that sense, and it's not something you can come into the Navy to do.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I've had former students become 1300s. They went on to become TAOs and Fuels Officers on big decks. I am sure there are a multitude of random jobs on aviation-based platforms and bases all at the LT and below level they are willing to fill with them.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Sea duty: Fuels officer on a carrier, various shitty staff duties if you have wings and don’t suck.

Shore: a grab bag, but nothing flying obviously.

I don’t know how long you can plod along as a 1300. Most redesignate or resign.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don’t know how long you can plod along as a 1300. Most redesignate or resign.
I know a SELRES who made a career as an NSW support guy, and is about to take command, but he's a huge outlier. Long story.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Get a FLTMPS account and look for 1300, 1302, 1000, etc. billets with your rank (I think LT is J or K.

There are a number of random jobs in DC where they need an officer to make PowerPoints and coffee and answer the phone. But as said above - find a new designator. Lateral transfer/redesignation board page on the new and not-so-improve mynavyhr site.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Honestly don't worry about finding a job - the detailer will do that.

Find a community you want to go to. Should be your first priority right now if you want to stay in.

If not, hell, drop your resignation papers and find that job!

stockluke

Get a FLTMPS account and look for 1300, 1302, 1000, etc. billets with your rank (I think LT is J or K.

There are a number of random jobs in DC where they need an officer to make PowerPoints and coffee and answer the phone. But as said above - find a new designator. Lateral transfer/redesignation board page on the new and not-so-improve mynavyhr site.

This was the most helpful response. Getting into FLTMPS showed me what 1300 LTs are doing in the fleet. I was previously planning on redesignating, but I didn't have much information on the option of going 1300. I want to make my decision knowing all my options.

Pags

N/A
pilot
1300 isn't a long term option. It's a placeholder. And a placeholder that probably involves intimate knowledge of purple pipes on a CVN until they get rid of you. While we don't know why you're looking at 1300 jobs I'd think there are plenty of other options out there with more career viability in them. For instance, there was a guy at my first fleet squadron who failed to make HAC. He became a PAO. There was another couple of guys I know who got FNAEBd or had med issues and became AEDOs. Apparently the short cut to getting the HSC OCM to release you to AEDO was to crash a helo into a mountain.