• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

13 June2016_SWO-EDO

Just wondering what the board is looking for as far as SWO-EDO is concerned.
I mean did they focus more on the type of degree, GPA, or OAR score?
I am AD with 9 years under my belt. EM1 double warfares qualified with a Bachelor of Sciences in Electrical Engineering. GPA : 2.68 from Old Dominion University (ODU). OAR: 49
Eval ep1:1, mp, mp
LOR: 2 from 06, 1 from retired 05, and one Master chief
Appraisal all 10 and a great recommandation from CO.
What are my chances for getting pick up

exNavyOffRec

I am AD with 9 years under my belt. EM1 double warfares qualified with a Bachelor of Sciences in Electrical Engineering. GPA : 2.68 from Old Dominion University (ODU). OAR: 49

Degree and GPA are key, I believe (RUFIO could verify) that your GPA is below the minimum needed to apply.

Edit: not sure if SWO-EDO is still an OCS program, all the officers I know that have gone EDO were lat xfrs

I was told by the staff at N3 that the board convene on June 13 for SWO-ED and also when I sent my package in, they received it and told me to check my Bol weeks after the board convenes. My choices were SWO-ED/ SWO-IW/ CEC

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I was told by the staff at N3 that the board convene on June 13 for SWO-ED and also when I sent my package in, they received it and told me to check my Bol weeks after the board convenes. My choices were SWO-ED/ SWO-IW/ CEC

It is entirely possible, it is just they change things now and then, I haven't seen SWO-EDO on the list of applications reviewed when board stats are posted here, nor on the PERS-472 site.

I do believe the min GPA is either 2.7 or 3.0 and even then the average GPA from those boards is mid 3's

exNavyOffRec

Ok
That is matter if I got my engineering degree while on AD. I mean from beginning to end or I should give up since my GPA is low.

The minimum is the minimum, if you are below it no go at all, if you are above it you can submit and see, but they look for the best qualified, the problem is there are those that may not have been on AD but worked all through college and had high GPA so for every person that earned a degree while doing something else and had a lower GPA, there is a person that did the same thing and had a high GPA.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Read item 3d. Age-wise you're not even eligible for the program.

Also, min GPA for CEC is a 2.8. No-go there either.

Attachments

• PA 101A Restricted Line_Engineering Duty Officer.pdf
    52.9 KB · Views: 19
I email CNRC_OCSQUESTIONS before applying and asked them the above questions about age and when they board convene. They told me that i was eligible and that i still could apply. Age limit is 31 with waivers up to 35. Also according to 1420-1B the age limit is 31 waive up to 35. The GPA in the PA is 2.2 with a C+ average in a calculus series, and calculus based- physics. If that is so i believed that i am well qualified. I have a minor in Mathematics with average B+ in mathematics and calculus based physics.

exNavyOffRec

I email CNRC_OCSQUESTIONS before applying and asked them the above questions about age and when they board convene. They told me that i was eligible and that i still could apply. Age limit is 31 with waivers up to 35. Also according to 1420-1B the age limit is 31 waive up to 35. The GPA in the PA is 2.2 with a C+ average in a calculus series, and calculus based- physics. If that is so i believed that i am well qualified. I have a minor in Mathematics with average B+ in mathematics and calculus based physics.

The board goes by the PA and only the PA, the 1420 doesn't mean anything, it is only a guide and is often out of date within a few months of a new 1420 coming out, those assigned to NRC have the most up to date info.

Unfortunately those that answer the email on OCS questions are essentially the lowest ranking people at NRC, while they provide a vital part of the process their info is often less then accurate, think about getting info on the ships schedule from an E-3 that has been onboard the ship for all of 2 weeks.

There also need to be billets available for SWO-ED, the last 2 board results posted had no selections, it looks like they didn't even accept applications.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
To the OP, and not to sound rude, but what was the entire point of creating a thread if you're debating with not one, but two folks with recruiting experience? Furthermore, there's also another thread dedicated to people posting stats. A quick search would have helped you out with that.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
Just some perspective. My roommate in Candio phase was SWO-EDO, and he was the 1 of 1 for FY15 before they moved him to FY16 making him 1 of 1 for 2 complete fiscal years. He had a master's of engineering (I can't remember the discipline specifically) and a few years of industry experience. It's competitive is my point.

Just some perspective. My roommate in Candio phase was SWO-EDO, and he was the 1 of 1 for FY15 before they moved him to FY16 making him 1 of 1 for 2 complete fiscal years. He had a master's of engineering (I can't remember the discipline specifically) and a few years of industry experience. It's competitive is my point.
got it and thank a lot for the insight